1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. GC might affect cars handling not ride.
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Good move by FIAT. I am a bit skeptical about going forward for this change in my car because i am fine with the existing GC. I need to check the handling and ride quality with these changes so let me wait and watch with my fingers crossed.

My two cents.
  3. muni

muni

Bangalore
    Low GC means better handling. It does play a major role in handling for sure as If you see almost all super cars /formula cars, the GC is very less. Suspension setup and chasis design also plays an important role. Pitching and rolling are a few things that can creep in if the GC is increased.

You can have a very good Ride but your handling might have to be compromised. Lot if cars struggle to have a good balance of the both.

When it comes to Fiat cars, ride and handling have a very good balance.
    2 people like this.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If you make complaint about suspension then you will get the parts in warrantee which are installed at the time of manufacturing the car. How you will get the modified parts of suspension. ?As per terms & conditions modification of GC is paid job. Modified suspension will be avialable to only those owners who are ready to pay to increase GC.I repeat warrantee rule of suspension upto 30000KM is only for those cars which are registered as TAXI.For Private car registration, there is no rule of odometer reading for getting suspension warrantee.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

is this mentioned in the warantee booklet??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    Guys,

Its just four springs and four dampers...
    Every other part is same ....

Cost of each spring arnd 3500rs...
    Cost of front damper 3000rs
    Cost of rear dampers 2800rs

So total would be somewhere around 30k including labour charges....
    ( just rough sums )

Cost of bilstein b16 suspension setup suitable for linea costs a whopping 80 k and you'll loose warranty too...,

What fiat is doing is completely ethical

If we quite remember ... Before the accent viva came out, all the accents had single rear axle setup.( these cars had lower ground clearance)
    After accent viva came out all the accents were made with multi link rear suspension that comes on a baleno, esteem, Laura , lancer etc( raised gc) -- usually rally sport cars have multi-link suspensions - these are indipendent suspensions....

Anyways..... Hyundai never helped the already sold cars....
    Fiat is helping...

We used a 2003 model turbo scorpio which dad the worst brakes on the planet.....
    Later when we purchased the 2006 model crde Scorpio with the changed rear lights, mahindra had changed the brake drum size twice and made them bigger....
    But they never helped the old turbo models to upgrade to these brakes....

Let's be happy that we belong to fiat family ...
    Though many ppl have faced issues with fiat, I'm sure one day fiat will be a winner for sure

Proud to be a fiatian...

Jk
    16 people like this.
  7. Well Said ...
  8. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    this is really good move from Fiat , keeping their old customers happy.
  9. I checked with the service center guy at Pandit who said that the kit may arrive in Apr-May. They don't have it now or there is no confirm timeline.
  10. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    We really feel proud , to have a Fantastic car from such a Kind & Generous Manufacturer, who truly understands the Hearts & Emotions of Enthusiasts , Its a move which only FIAT could take it & FIAT is Worth it !!!

Atul
    3 people like this.