1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Rajeev D R

Rajeev D R

Bangalore
    Hi Fiat Fans,

Am new to this site, came to know from one of the person from service center in Bangalore. My main intention to register here was to share and gain the knowledge on ground clearance.

I have a punto 2011 dynamic diesel,a week ago i upgraded the GC and am really happy about it, the kit is good and few enhancements here and there made it feel great while driving.But am confident that the surface will not hit unless its a big ditch or a manhole :smile:.

@All the GC upgraders:- I have driven 30K Kms before I upgraded the GC and the mileage it was lending me was 14.8 to be exact. But after the upgrade i have driven 300 plus and its lending me 14.1 Kms which is sufficient enough to track the mileage, does the mileage affect with GC?
    2 people like this.
  2. muneeb37

muneeb37

new delhi
    same thing i wud lik to tell....
    i hv driven 2010 punto for 3 years ride quality was great bt now i bought a 2013 model with pre installed increased gc kit nd d shocks r worst den ever....i nowhere gud be it highways or city roads...u feel d nervousness at speeds...body roll hs increased.....earlier punto u never knew what kind of road u r travelling bt now in gc kit punto u gt to know abt d each wheel is going thru...u gt to learn abt even a small pothole....
    i wud say Dnt go fr gc kit...
    i am gonna downgrade to pre 2012 suspensions.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Upgrade of GC kit is a must due to so many uneven out of norms speedbreakers.

It was a huge menace to avoid scraping the car bottom front.

There is no option than to compromise a bit on handling or ride quality as bothersome to many.

Eventually it really doesn't seem that bad..

Heart sent via Tapatalk for our mutual benefit..!
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  4. Rajeev D R

Rajeev D R

Bangalore
    I agree there is a change in drive quality but its not really poor and we are not F1 racers,there is more pleasure in driving with GC upgrade,we need to get adjusted to the drive quality. There are lot more positives with GC. Imagine you are driving in a bad uneven roads and the vehicles(polo,i20,swift :eek::sadblue behind you just easily pass by where in you have the to scrap the bottom of the car with even 30-40 Kms speed. Some times you cant avoid the scrapping even if you are trying to drive very slow with 3-4 passengers including the driver.

I have experienced and heard comments about the car GC before upgrades, its really tough to maintain with out a hit. FYI.. My oil sump got damaged and bent which is just above/near the strong metal shield.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  5. ndeep

ndeep Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
  6. Bhavan

Bhavan Timido

Bangalore
    I have a 2011 Punto Petrol 1.4. After considering all the +ve and -ve reviews for a long time, finally got the GC kit installed last week from KHT Fiat, Whitefield, Bangalore. As mentioned by many, it is now a breeze to drive over bad roads and humps. I had even damaged the oil sump while driving on a bad road before and had to get it replaced by shelling out around 5K.

With the new GC kit, the ride quality is compromised and it gets bumpy on bad roads. I guess that's the price one has to pay for better ground clearance.
  7. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4