1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. rajtin123

rajtin123 Timido

Nashik
    Thanks for your feedback, I will also trust fiat R&D on this and will get GC upgrade soon.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Your friend must have thought that GC would be increased by using spacer etc but fiat is replacing old shocks and springs with new design to increase GC. There is no effect on tyre life post GC upgrade, I have driven around 30k already after GC upgrade.
    4 people like this.
  3. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Installed the Fiat’s GC upgrade kit on my Punto at kashyap fiat. Total cost was around 14600 Rs.
    I have driven around 200kms after the upgrade. Now I am easily able to negotiate the bad potholes whereas earlier I end up in scraping even with cautious. No more thud sound from rear tyres while crossing the breakers. However the ride is on stiffer side, but I can live with it. Did 120kmph on DnD expwy but did not experience any appreciable body-roll.
    Just curious to know from those, who have also upgraded the GC that after GC upgrade, I compared my car’s GC from the tip of car’s hood with new punto-2013(multijet emotion). I noticed that new punto’s GC was on slightly higher side than mine but side GC(below juncture of side doors) was equal.
  4. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    I want to install Fiat’s GC upgrade kit in my Linea. Please help

1. Any problem in stability or handing after installing?
    2. How can I get Fiat original 16" alloys and for how much?
    3. Where is it available in Mumbai?

Please help
  5. For punto the springs are same old ones not sure for Linea though.
  6. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Today I called Balaji Auto (thane) for GC upgrade kit. They gave me verbal quotation of Rs. 23000/- :eek:

Is it the right amount for this?
  7. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They are quoting wrong. It should be around 15000/- because last month I was charged 14600/- at Kashyap FIAT for installing GC upgrade kit in my Punto. And this includes both Kit+installation service charges.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    To all those who got the GC Kit installed - can you please tell me the exact number of parts that were changed? I am trying to order the parts to reduce the GC and have the suspension on pre 2012 models so need to know if only the 4 struts + 1 anti roll bar were changed or the springs were also changed.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  9. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    I enquired today and the GC upgrade kit cost is Rs.11500+ labour cost.
  10. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    I am planning to upgrade from low GC to increased GC kit. When I inquired in Pandit here in Pune they also gave me the same quote approx 11k + Labour cost. In addition if suspension pads are worn out then that might need additional 4-5k(3k for parts + labour).

In case anyone wants to get rid of their new GC kit then please IM me. I can consider that too.