1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. You should. I don't see a problem here.
    Also, note that Fiat has sold more Lineas with the old GC than the newer ones. Linea has hardly sold 2000 units or so this year with the higher GC.

I was completely against this GC kit till I heard the driving experience with the 2012 Linea from linealover. He got to drive KeeGeeFiat's Linea MJD (2012) from Chennai to Perundurai for about 400 kms. His take is that it is just awesome and handled very well on corners even at 150+ Kmph. His take is that the suspension is little stiffer and better than the earlier Lineas.

I may have to think about this GC Kit too. Very seriously.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I wont mind the upgrade kit,but the kind of roads i drive on,i hardly scrape her.
    Also,i hate the raised look with stock 15" tyres,if i decide to upgrade the tyres and rims,i will be looking at an expenditure of 75K:O
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You can very well retain with the old GC itself. No need to worry at all. :)
  4. Purush

Purush

Bangalore
    Hi,
    I was eager to get the ground clearance upgraded and this should help me to manage the road humps better considering that I am driving in Bangalore. It costed approx about 10K for the kit @ Concorde Bangalore. I did try going bit faster on the humps to check if it hits the ground, and could see the difference and it practically works.
    I know this is one common problem among the fiat owners, especially with Punto and Linea... and feel that I paid for something which FIAT should have taken care at the time of manufacturing and considering the road conditions in India.
    The other problem I have been facing is suspension elastic pad (strut pad) replacement (worn-out at approx 10k kms). I got it once replaced during the warranty period and now I am almost completing 3 years, so this time it is out of warranty and had to pay and get it replaced. I got to hear that new suspension may add more life to elastic pad, not sure how it is related and hoping it lasts long.

Regards,
    Purush
  5. harry2

harry2 Timido

trivandrum
    Can you please share the charges incurred for the ground clearance kit upgrade. If you can share a scanned copy of the bill its great.

thanks friend
  6. nikhil panchal

nikhil panchal

friends i hv just purchased the car on 16.10.12 (15 days back) and got problem of abs beeping and door glass not operating while ignition on, it was shocking and upseting.
    sent to the service center.
    lets hope for the best.

- - - Merged Post - - -

friends i hv just purchased the car on 16.10.12 (15 days back) and got problem of abs beeping and door glass not operating while ignition on, it was shocking and upseting.
    sent to the service center.
    lets hope for the best.
  7. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Just a thought regarding the ABS. Would advice you to check the wiring under the rear passenger seat. Sometimes if you have folded the rear seats earlier the wire gets tangled and this beep comes on and off. This actually happened on my linea.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner
  8. Harry/Purush.

Even i have a FIAT LINEA MJD 2009
    The GC seems v bad when the car is loaded with 5 people, it scratches every bump and hits every place on an uneven road, i feel like i am riding without my wheels.
    I had also been advised by the service center to replace strut pads.
    Can you tell me what diff does it make when we change the strut pads.

I get a thud noice every time i cross even a small hole on the road, seems like my suspensions have hardened.

Could you please suggest as to what is needed to get a smooth even ride on all roads with 5 people.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  9. binaiks

binaiks

Bangalore
    Could you please share the actual cost of the upgrade? I am looking at the upgrade - actually, my car's front suspension is not in great shape having completed 756xxkms on awful roads. The service advisor told me rates in the region of 17K last time (for parts alone) - that service was total rip off with the bill coming to 44K already (clutch, brake discs, timing chain kit etc were replaced). Now my car is scraping every small speadbreaker.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The parts should not cost you more than 11K (note only for the upgrade, not for other parts replaced) along with a labour of around 3K. The overall cost should not go beyond 15K.

Do check with the SA as to what all would be replaced for the given quote of 17K.