1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Alavandar even i do had some touchs not scraps but that too in worst roads of rameshwaram after rain with 5 adults and boot full loaded. also if you see the hit will be a touch kind not scraping. but on practicing we can miss that kind of humps also.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I I think you can. But in hindsight, i am happy that I went for GC upgrade. That peace of mind is a big relief. I was also thinking what you mentioned. But it's not only potholes, even the smaller potholes or bumps used to scrape bottom and I was always like....oh...
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    No I am not facing any issues. I just wanted the upgrade so that I can plan to go to places like Leh Ladakh without any tension :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Today I received my car from TASS with the GC upgraded. Just now drove home from TASS. I have a good feeling about the upgrade. The new suspension feels tight and firm. And I like it very much. The previous suspension I felt was on the softer side. But then I had done 18K kms on that one. I got the upgrade done in Concorde Mysore Road and drove a couple of kilometers on Mysore Road itself till Kangeri. I took it to 100 and I had no feeling of body roll on turns. Infact the tighter chassis felt good, the car suddenly feels sporty. From my first impression I would say that the GC upgrade is highly recommended.

Earlier I was in double mind whether the raised center of gravity will foul up the dynamics of the car. But then while driving to TASS from Corporation Circle, I took Mysore Road and people living in Bangalore may know what state the road is in at the Ring Road Junction - my doubt was removed that living in India, GC should be priority number one, because everyday I do not take twists and turns at high speeds, but everyday I do encounter all sorts of roads, broken roads, no roads.

This time TASS turnaround on the parts was quick compared to last time when I had asked for CSC change which took nearly a month. On Monday I called up TASS to inquire about the GC upgrade. I was told I had to place an order and it would take about 15 days for the kit to arrive. Tuesday I went there to place the order, I was told a spare kit had already been ordered and I do not need to place any order. I was skeptical a bit, were they trying to push me off? But the SA took my contact details in an excel sheet and told he would call me up in a week. I left reluctantly wondering how many times I would have to follow up. Then yesterday evening I get a call from the SA, the kit had arrived and I could bring in the car. I said I will get it in the morning, but he said there will be rush in the mornings and he can do some work that day. So I rushed to TASS. Was told to pick up the car next day. Today I get a call in the afternoon - job finished and the car has been put up for washing. I reach TASS at 4 pm and it is ready. I ask to see the parts replaced and they had already kept it in a carton for me to take home - 4 shocks and a front stabilizer bar. The front two shocks had some sort of a plate type of contraption attached. They said Punto Diesel did not need coil spring replacement. But I just wanted to see what they had taken out, so did not bother to carry them back.

Image (20).jpg
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    Hye guys. Today i got my suspension upgrade it done on Linea Em Pk MJD. As it has done more than 60k. I felt that my Linea ground clearance is decreased with time. Therefroe i needed this upgrade.

After getting upgrade car feels more stiff. Potholes taken with more silence. Previously there was thud thud. noise specially from back. now it is all gone. Now while driving on MP roads over highway it feels confident.

Following things are changed.
    1. complete kit.
    2. elastic pad both side
    3. front stab bar link.
    4. torsion bar

As there was some noise from bushes therefore they needed to change all these think.

Now the problem part. after getting upgrade done. stearing return after making full turn is not smooth. This i feel is nothing to do with the kit. But they screwed my with other things. Can anyone suggest me what went wrong. Moreover while making curves, there is contineous feel that steraing reutn action is not smooth. Prevosuly there was constant resistance in steraing to turn back in centre position while making long turns. But now that constant/stable resistance feeling is gone.

They made me to sign on satisfaction letter. I said tomorrow i am going for 1000 kms trip after returing back i will inform you.

Rest about the feel of driving/handling. I will post after returning from the trip. Linea Bill aug 2012.jpg
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems like the TASS put in Golden Cruiser coolant. TASS will always be TASS. :rolleyes:

Are you sure the steering is feeling different. Maybe the new suspension setup is making you feel otherwise.

If it drives straight and fine, just keep driving it. See how it feels after a couple of hundred km's.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @scottzinne: Why they change the coolant? Have you done paid service also at TASS?
  8. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    Yes @Sungoa. i got 60K service done. But that too with lots of hardsip. First they ae not chaning anything, they said it won't require change only top-up is required. But than i showed him service slip & clearly said. " Please don;t tech me what is required & wat is not required, FIAT said change so better get it changed ", Guys in teir II & teir III cities things are very tough with TASS.

Further things, car will always be filled with grease inside. e.g. floor mat. they put paper at the time of delivery after service. but its just to hide the grease loaded mats. Why can't they put it before service, so that it won;t get grease at all.

I thought of not taking back. But as i need to leave for a trip, I have no option left.
  9. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    you are right @Gurjinder, Stearing feel is back to normal. it sometimes give choppy feeling, but its all fine. regarding suspension upgrade. Its a good decision. It is for those people who are frequent over long trips. Before suspesion upgrade i enquire too much abt the road conditions. But now, no more worries. that extra 2.0 to 2.5 cms of GC is really helpful.

Regarding driving feel ist all same. normal cruzing speed of 120kmph, going beyound 150, Little differecen. one cannot rule the basic physics, as now more volume of Air is passing below the car. But its nothign alarming. Previosuly while taking bad road, it was all tension face. But now wife said " see how smily face i am putting up while taking bad roads"

Anyways if anyone thinking of it. better get it , you will feel good after it.
  10. somu_200

somu_200

Hyderabad
    what is the exact price of ground clearence kit price in hyderabad for Linea? last week end i changed for my car , they charged 12K for kit and 3K for labour , it looks like these prices are not constance, htese guys are chargeing on their own , i saw in the above invoice it was charged 9.8K only as cost of kit.

if it is true whom do i need to talk regarding (fiat officials)?