1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Now that's called useful information. Can we ask TASS to change hydraulic fluid back to the one in older cars then?
    1 person likes this.
  2. Mine is a some 60 kg heavy car than current models not sure how that is going to affect but any new suspension will feel stiff initially and may be come smooth out a bit later ,but that is along with the springs.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

now you are pulling me to trip,I might join you folks but only time can tell.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Hmm, older front struts are gas filled not oil filled is the new one's oil filled struts? i doubt.

-Sat
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    I just meant the material that is filled inside the damper

Gas or fluid....

But even the new ones are gas filled....

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

In case of gas filled shocks......

The gas would have been less compressible compared to the older ones ....
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Are we just guessing or we know this for sure?
  5. New ones are gas filed. Strut felt a bit harder to pull or push but I will be able to tell the difference when i take out the car for ride.
  6. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    I am not sure if you will get the suspensions replaced under warranty if your car has crossed 35K.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  7. i am also interested in knowing about the increase in ground clearance. kindly let me also to know:p:p

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

i am also interested in knowing about the increasing ground clearance in LINEA &PUNTO .kindly let me also know::p
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    New cars have a GC of 185mm as per literature. I am attaching photos of components being changed. Please note the shocks are +20mm than the old ones.

2012-05-23-498.jpg

2012-05-23-499.jpg

2012-05-23-503.jpg
  9. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Any official confirmation regarding the Turning radius with this update as reported by Sat-Chit-ananda...??