1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I got the GC kit upgrade done for my Punto 90HP @ Fortune Sakinaka. I was charged 15,280 for the same. The kit costs 9979.56+12.5% and labour 3600 +12.36%.
    This is inclusive of wheel balancing for which the charged 600+tax.
  2. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    People at TASS deny ground clearance being raised in older models.

I checked out at TASS if fiat is offering any improved ground clearance in their older models at a price. They said "No"

Now, anyone who knows for sure what is the actual scenario with Ground clearance improvement in older models.
  3. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    He is making you fool or he maybe doesn't knows that. These guys make me surprise everyday.
  4. I have booked for GC kit upgrade on this friday
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    My humble request to all pre 2012 Fiat owners is to not go for the GC upgrade. at least, drive a 2012 car for 20 odd Km on all types of terrain before deciding in favor of it. I have driven extensively in my 2012 & my Friend's 2011 Punto to realize the ride quality in city and bad roads is way better in older models due to softer suspension.
    The 2012 GC has the benefit of not scraping on uneven roads and it is probably better on highways, but it is too stiff for daily city use.
  6. They are not changing the springs, how the suspension feel soft or hard, things changed for punto are front strut,back dampers and stabilizer bar.
    My family has 2012 Punto and mine 2010 , I did not feel any difference in both of them.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Join in for the Yelagiri trip and I will show you the difference.
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I agree...but the trade-off in city is OK for me compared to highway ride...can't compromise highway ride.

In city diff is not that much...yes its little stiffer...

On rough roads though ..somehow I did'nt feel that much difference..it still performs superbly...just gobbles pot holes..!!
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have driven for more than 2000 kms after the upgrade and am happy that I got it done. Mumbai -Silvassa & Mumbai - Dharwad two Highway runs consisting all type of roads the drive has improved. Though I had not scrapped the bottom many times, it was always in the mind and was over cautious. Now I am back to my amby style driving without any issues.
  10. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    My car has done 12k kms after the update and now I feel the stiffness is lost and is soft as before.......

But the updated suspension is stiffer than the olderbones if one has.to ask

The new ones are stiff even without changing the springs because the dampers in front use a much viscous hydraulic fluid than the older ones that's all ......
    1 person likes this.