1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Crazy_Eddy

Crazy_Eddy Novizio

Does anyone have before and after pics of the wheel well gaps after the suspension upgrade?
    Unfortunately pics of the 2012 linea are only with the 16" rims, so its hard to judge how it would look with 15" rims.
  2. arun_casio

Dear Frnds,
    I had upgraded my punto mjd emotion pack with the upgraded suspension.it cost me @ 18k..... i will upload the unit wise price latest. by sunday

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

i can provide with the pix.plx w8 until sunday

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

i did ittttttttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will update the cost wise and partwise details by sun.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    also please post the review of drive handling inshort all about dynamics.....

but 18K is too much for this change?
  4. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Galaxy Motors in Mulund (Mumbai) says that they will be upgrading this for Rs.13K only while Fortune says it is Rs.18K.:confused:
  5. darshak

go the search string "GC kit now installed" you will find the pictures of upgradation.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Go to the search string type "GC Kit now installed" you will see the photographs showing comparison between previous and after completion of work.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Go to search string type "GC kit now installed" you will find our comments and postings...............
  6. arunfbtr

arunfbtr Timido

may i kindly know...

Dear friend...may i kindly know wats the advantage of increasing the ground clearance,other than when the car goes above a speed breaker??
    pls infm me, so that if its really necessary i can also do the same...
    thanks and with regards,arun.r
  7. Cost of the Upgradation

I spoke to the guys in Concorde Motors, it cost around 14500. In fact I felt its not much required for Fiat Punto, but for Fiat Linea yes, it's required. It gives a masculine feeling for the Linea and Punto. Hopefully this upgrade will increase the number of Fiat lovers.
  8. saud

I feel my front suspensions are gone and need a replacement. My 1.3 MJD has extended warranty also. So the suspensions would be replaced in any case.
    Will it be possible for me to pay something extra and get the GC upgrade kit fitted??
  9. rushad

rushad Timido

Hello Friends,
    I too have a Linea Multijet car.
    I got original FIAT ground clearance kit installed from FIAT dealer in Pune for Rs. 17000/- which includes fitting charges.
    My ground clearance has increased to 183mm.
    This is the best option available as it is covered under warranty.

Mods Note - Post moved.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
  10. Hi Friends,

I upgraded ground clearance kit for my PUNTO 90HP.It cost me 14000/- including labour charges.
    I am happy with new GC Kit.It was upgraded at tejeswi motors,Hyderabad.