1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Yesterday I saw Punto getting a GC upgrade done, they retain the old springs strut is changed in the from back dampener is changed.
    new strut it self is about 2" longer than old one.really brilliant thinking from FIAT.
    Hard or soft suspension more depends on springs more than dampener so there is no change in the body roll or handling.
    I heard for 1.2 Petrol there is change of springs.

-Sat
  2. Victor

Victor

Bangalore
    Comments from those who upgraded their GC

I gues after GC kit upgrade,it should be a breeze to go over speedbreakers/undulations even if fully loaded and one need not be that cautious.

However, I would like to solicit comments or inputs from those who had gone for the upgrade - on Linea MJD especially - of GC increase on any abservations or changes observed on the following strong characteristsics of Linea - that we all cherish and enjoy

- Any change in comfortably taking sharp turns whether at low or even at high speeds like 130 Kmph?
    - ANy increase in the body roll or pitch experienced by the driver or rear seat passengers while negotiating sharp curves?
    - Any change in the "Feel of Control" at high speeds or when going over unexpected undulation or rough patches or over sheet of water on roads, at high speeds?
    - DO we still continue to have that planted feel on the road even at high speeds and there is no feel of "floating" even slightly?
    - Any changes in the steering response or feedbacks esp at high speeds? (Should not have changed I guess)
    - Any change in the rock solid braking behavior (I do not suspect anything to change here though)

From what Sat says - looks like there may not be significant changes, but still would solict comments from those who have already done upgrades to give their comments that will be very valuable for other Linea/Punto owners, who are in two minds to go for theupgrade.
    1 person likes this.
  3. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore
    hi... iam realy exited as got a call from Aadya Motors Blr, for my Punto MJD upgrade kit... hopefully shall get it replaced on Tuesday...gave me price tag of 11800 + labour charge..:p
    1 person likes this.
  4. Mayur Kasale

Mayur Kasale

Mumbai
    Hi.. how I can get this upgrade offer.. I have purchased this beauty from Concorde motors, prabhadevi Mumbai. I have sent an email to service@fiapl.com.. Is there any other way to inform them regarding this offer?:confused:
  5. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore
    Aadya Motors Blr gave me a price tag of 14300+tax which includes, GC kit, labour charge and wheel alighnment.....work goinon....
  6. kesav554

kesav554 Timido

Rajahmundry
    Today, I got GC kit installed on my 2010 punto MJD Emotion. It costed me 15,160/- with taxes and labour @ KHT bangalore. Did not find any difference in the handling of the car or body roll, but felt that the dashboard height is increased now.
  7. punto90hp

punto90hp Timido

KANNUR
    i heard from a service guy that since springs are nor changed the suspension becomes little stiff after installing GC upgradation kit. is it true? did you feel any difference? i am also planning to install this kit. your reply will be very helpful.
  8. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore
    To some extent its true, but i feel its just bcs the dampers installed are the brand new ones,,, the suspension feel is now as good as the days I was driving my brand new Punto.....and as said in the previous post i too didnt feel any difference in handling characteristics and more over it shudnt b as 2012 model brought out would b defintly after FIAT doin R&D....
  9. asheshpunto

asheshpunto

Is there an indication of price for this modification? Is there anyone who is more mech tech expert and throw some light on the amount of the work and any ball park price for the increase in Grd Clrn for GP-Emotion 1.2
    Thanks in advance!!
  10. kesav554

kesav554 Timido

Rajahmundry
    I just did a long drive(800 kms) after the GC upgrade, the raised suspension has really give me more confidence while driving on bad roads. There is no difference in the handling department. However, due to increased GC, I feel I am sitting in a lower position than before due to increased height of the front suspension. There is a minor less visibility of the road due to increased dash height.

Manoj, The cost is around 9800/- + tax for the parts and 3500/- + tax for the labor while includes wheel alignment after the upgrade (in bangalore). SA says the labor changes are fixed by TATA-FIAT motors
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012