1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. darshak

The upgradation kit costed me Rs. 12003.00, which included cost of
    kit price 10900.00
    labour 1103.00
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Welcome Kunal. I too drive a 1.4 NA. Your suggestion, although mouth watering isn't practical. I can't imagine the amount of muck and ridicule that will be thrown at Fiat if it is called a recall and not an upgrade.
  3. KunalB

KunalB Timido

Thank you kaps. I get your point, but what I am suggesting is they can replicate the same process as they did for A/C upgrade y calling eligible customers and offering them the upgrade. This can be done similarly.
    Also in my case if I do go for the current offer, i can consider myself to have an A/C upgrade + GC upgrade in rs. 12000(A?C was done earlier for free) it definitely is worth it. But if offered free it would generate gr8 respect tor the brand and company.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Ever heard any mfr, after a new upgraded model is released, giving the new added items to all earlier cars free of cost?
    3 people like this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Absolutely. It was a recall. To replace components which were not functioning as they should have been.

The so called suspension upgrade kit is not a recall to replace faulty/underperforming components. It is intended as an Option B to all exisitng FIAT customers who may desire a higher ground clearance. Nothing faulty is being replaced. Just an opportunity is presented so that the customers who desire a higher GC can do so. ;)

2 people like this.
  6. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pandit Auto, Pune has quoted a price of around 16,000 Rs (11,000 Rs for kit + 5,000 Rs for labour) for Linea.

I think the labour prices shouldn't differ from city to city. I can understand a difference of few hundreds, but 4000 Rs difference.... I fail to understand. When I informed them about the prices in B'lore, they said they would be doing wheel balancing etc and would take a day, no change in the price.

Has any one else checked with Pandit Auto, Pune?

Will have to check with Acumen.
  7. You should get in touch with Mangesh on this. Labour rate has to be standard all across the country as per Fiat's policy. A dealer cannot charge as he wishes. Pandit is getting notorious by the day.
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

I dont know if this is possible. is there an option to upgrade the steering turnign radius on older version of Puntos? I think that would also be an excellant upgrade if that is feasible !
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    It should be possible with a upgrade to 2012 Punto :D.
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

What??? Are you serious??If yes, Then please do talk about this issue to higher FIAT official.
    My my, this uneven labour charge is big time problem around all TASC. Some of em doing it for different cost. No uniform labour charges are given by these people!
    Recently Vahanpujari got to face this issue. Some of the SC are having no standerd valuation of labour charges. They are charging with haywire!!
    This is so wrong! We have to ask FIAT officials to issue some standerd criteria on which basis TASC charges us BOMBS for lil things.