1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    abhinav,
    thats really a ggr8 news....
    now i can challenge the SUV's on the bad roads as well.:cool:
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes!!! Now I don't have to change my linea for the new one ....

I was fearing I would loose all my extra fittings

Fiat !!!!! You rock
  3. This could be nothing less than 10K to 12K, things involved are springs,strut may be mountings.
    1 person likes this.
  4. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore
    Its a fantastic news....Hpe they start with sufficient spares in hand and supply to TATA serv cntr....or asusual these guys make us to wait,,, Hope they provide with the modified air-conditioning kit & new version of Blue and Me, in addition to increase in suspension......

Eagerly waiting.....
  5. I am wondering should i go for the upgrade or not .
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great news!

So FIAT India was serious about it after all. Interested to see what all components they will be offering in the kit.
    1 person likes this.
  7. vijay

vijay Timido

assam
    improvement in the gc for older punto and linea should be free of cost. we should approach fiat official in thish regard.
    2 people like this.
  8. mayank

mayank Amatore

Now Thats a great news..:D bUT i hope the cost would be quite affordable :) can expect some less scraping underneath now :p
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I am not sure if it should be done free of cost. There was nothing defective in the previous setup and hence this cannot be considered for a recall. This is just an enhancement for the road conditions here.
    It would have been better if Fiat had thought about this and implemented the changes before launching the car here, but then anyone can overlook such things considering that the previous GC looked good on paper.
    6 people like this.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its wrong to demand this upgrade free of cost. no other manufacturer even tries to provide upgrade for older models. fiat has shown courtesy by opting to provide old customers the upgrade kit.

but i would say they should provide the upgrade with no profit no loss. i.e the parts should be given to us without the profit margin.
    8 people like this.