1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

It has to be called an "Upgrade Kit". It is not that Fiat has decided out of thin air that certain parts can be changed/replaced and increase in GC can be achieved. I am sure there is certain amount of R&D behind this "Upgrade". If there was no R&D, it would never have been an official thing. By making it official Fiat is providing you with a certain kind of warranty regarding the parts (Please do not confuse it with parts warranty). It is the R&D that is ensuring that you do not lose the handling and ride.

Let's take an example. If you get an aftermarket suspension, and get it fitted through after market sources, who will be held responsible if something goes bust? Answer is quite obvious I guess. Now, if you had paid the manufacturer of this after-market suspension, he will surely look after you if things go bust. Now in this case Fiat is providing you with something it is calling an "official upgrade" which means Fiat will be responsible for it. There is a price to pay for that isn't it? So i really am not convinced about Upgrade kit and MRP equation. In my book, it is a good offer and I am up for it. Of course many Fiat owners will not want to go for the upgrade and that is their call.
    3 people like this.
  2. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    well said kaps, surely the upgrade kit would have gone through a lot of R&D.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

it's not a RECALL by fiat, it's an Upgrade option. which is not necessary for every FIAT owner to pay for.
    so how can anyone claim that punto nd linea got bad suspension ? ?
  3. vilas iyer

vilas iyer Novizio

I somehow feel that the Ground clearance is enough for the punto . The low GC allows the car to stick to the ground more at high speeds than with a high GC . I would never opt for the GC kit .
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. niranjan_81

The upgrade kit is arriving at Acumen motors in some days. He said total cost will be around 14K (Including labour etc) for my Punto MJD. For Petrol owners extra 1000 Rs.
    I have not yet decided whether to go for it or not.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wrong conclusion. To keep car with road contact is done by shock-absorber. Even you go with upgrade GC, new sturts are also design to keep road contact as the old one do that job.So higher GC means less road grip is not formula. Otherwise 2012 owner may complain that road grip of new 2012 car is poor.As per my logic there will be no change change in handling quality of car. Because after all car is made by FIAT
    1 person likes this.
  6. kvk

kvk Amatore

just got a call from the concorde service center. Who ever needs this GC kit will have to pay Rs3000/- as advance. Total cost would come to around Rs.12000. Once the advance is paid, they will order the parts and the expected arrival of the parts is about a week's time. The labour time is approximately a days time( leave the car in the morning and pick it up in the evening)
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Great update.

8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3