1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Famous cell phone manufacturer have their plants in China. including Sony Erric. Still quality of Sony Erricsson has best. I mean every consumable made in China is not bad.You might have known all motherboards (PCB) of PC & laptops are made in China.Price revision is welcomed from FIAT. In year 2000 FIAT had revised prices of parts of FIAT UNO & Palio.FIAT should give publicity to reduction of price in newspapers also. In 2000 FIAT had given publicity of price reduction of consumable parts.e.g. Price of spark plug of UNO Rs.200/- per spark plug. After reduction, price downed upto Rs.100/- per spark plug. Because of price reduction of consumable parts, there is possibility of hike in sales.
  2. Sir, VW PoLo's alloys cost 13 K each.I recently helped friend to replace his stock tyre/rim to alloy and 195 /65 tyres,Total bill was 45K.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    sorry bhai but not every PCB of mobo's and GPu's are made in China .. most of them they are made in korea...
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

Suspension upgrade kits for Punto will be available soon. Heard that the kit will cost between 12k and 15k. Got this news from very reliable sources. Will change mine if the feedback is good.

Sent from my iPhone
  5. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut

12-15k is definitely VFM. I will also upgrade mine if the reviews are good..
    Is there any improvement in Turning Radius with this upgrade? If yes its highly appreciable
  6. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Sat-Chit-ananda , I am not comparing with VW and other brands, most of the people in forum feel FIAT OEM wheels are costly. why dont you compare with Maruti & TATA for cost. Fiat may look at volume of business, if they reduce the alloy wheel cost many people will upgrade to alloys.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat sources the alloys from outside India. This is the main reason for it being expensive. Maruti/Tata may be getting their alloys from Hindalco which in my opinion may not be good.
  8. Hey Guys,
    The dealers have received an email confirming the cost of the upgrade kit for improving Linea GC and its around Rs.10800/- and odd ( confirmed the news at Tafe Coimbatore and Chennai ). I think 11k is a good price for the upgrade kit and the dealers will be receiving the kit very soon . I am eagerly waiting for it too.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    4 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just 11k for the upgrade? This is great news if it is true. Is the source of the news you got is reliable?
  10. Yup Ramjn,
    This is the final official price and yes i have already booked my car for the upgrade ( though am still thinking over it ! ). This is a very very reliable news as i got this from my service engineer at Tafe chennai yesterday while enquiring about the availability of the kit and had the same pricing info when i checked it at Tafe coimbatore while i was there on friday. So guys rejoice !!!