1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i dont take this figures. and if fiat is trying to levy these charges then i would say its a loot of old customers.

my take is quite simple. fiat is rectifying the low ground clearance issue for old customers at a cost.
    the cost should not be the market or spare parts counter rates. the rate should be no profit no loss rate of all parts.

say fiat gets a alloy wheel at 6k from vendor and market rate at what they sell is 11k, they should charge 6k only
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    i think the rims are not made in india. they are imported and hence the customs of 30% and the additional vat of i dunno how much % are added and the rims are available at 11k each.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Agree with Italia-Linea
    If they charge MRP then it is not a upgrade kit. Upgrade should be like they keep the old parts, install new parts and charge some nominal amount to customer at no profit or loss basis.

If one have to shell out MRP for the products there was no need for Fiat to advertise GC Upgrade kit, anyone could have ordered the new suspension parts separately from TASS and put it in his old car and do whatever he likes with old suspension.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i just gave an example. Vijay Khasa got it perfectly.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was also thinking that alloy are imported. But I noticed one thing that on alloy, 3 chatacters are embossed. " JBL"

This "JBL" embossing is present even on alloy of Chev Tavera.

Is there anyone who knows price of alloy wheel of Tavera?
    So we can compare price of alloy wheel of Tavera with GP

In fiat car there are many parts which are Made in India
    e.g. Steering rack,C Lock,seats etc.

I mean does general motors also imports alloy for their cars?
  7. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Fiat will never understand the india customers, 11k for each alloy is too high. they have to make the alloys in India to reduce the cost. In fact that is what they promise to the customers when selling the CAR. they have plant in Pune and manufacturing all parts & accessories in India. I have my Linea Dynamic and putting OEM alloys on my CAR is my dream, but investing 40K is very high amount. I think there are many fiat lovers having the same problem.
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys dats brand.. Even I couldn't believe it.. The other day when I was at Tata got to know the cost of one tyre for the Aria.. I cudnt believe it costed 15k per tyre only..

Whell a BMW 5 series alloy wheel costs 65k per piece..

I won't blame fiat for it yaar.. This is normal on all OEM accs from most of the car manufacturers.. But yea the cheapest of all is our Maruti :)

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
  9. The alloys are manufactured in China and are in a way substandard and do not justify the price of 10k, on a different note there would be a price revision of spares from fiat. Consumables might be in touched.
  10. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    A good thing to do would be to get the suspension upgrade from A.S.S and buy new 16" alloys and tires from local market and sell the OEM alloys to fellow fiatians who are searching for OEM alloys.