1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

yes my punto(2011 June model) also has very good A/C .There was some problem with o-ring solved during the first service(5k). Now it has ran over 12.5k no issues with A/C . but I want to get upgraded with increased GC since kerala road conditions are not so good.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

I am quite ok with current GC wouldn't require any upgrade.I thnk the upgrade would cost Rs. 20000+
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Even I am happy with the current GC, no issues yet. I would rather invest on a nice set of alloys.
  4. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats Indeed Great News! How do we get to know, when the process starts?
  5. en_arvind

Checked with my SA at Chennai. He says this will take a minimum of 3 months to come in. Plus only suspension change itself will cost 21+ K. If you want to change the wheels then another 40K. In that case I think I will live with my low GC.

Last month ,after a heavy spell of rain I drove on about 5 inches of stagnant water. There was a boulder on the road, which I didn't see. The boulder got stuck under the chassis and rolled along with my car making a terrible noise. I had to drive along for about 20-25 more feet before I could stop as there was huge traffic behind me. Even to extricate I had to reverse the car which again produced a horrible noise. Fearing the worst, I drove straight to the Service station. The SA went under the car into the inspection pit and came out smiling. He took me into the inspection pit and showed me the "damage". Almost nothing !! Just a month before this incident , within a space of 2-3 days I had 2 incidents of the UC scraping a huge manhole. Still the chassis looked largely unharmed barring a few minor scratches. I was left wondering at the build quality of this car !
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  6. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Will Fiat remap the ECU if we upgrade the alloys for 16''??
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Fiat is absolute great build quality with strong metal engine guard that takes all the brunt so dont worry. You must have read the guy who drove from Bangalore to leh in his Linea and he got fifty hits underneath and no damage at all even at the treacherous terrain of zojiilla pass.Now with 185 mm GC its best in the segment.
    1 person likes this.
  8. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

40k should be only for the rims, as each T-jet rim cost arount 11k. so a set of four = 44k and the good year tyres each cost 6500k which is another 26k

so the suspension = 30k
    rims and tyres = 70k

close to 1 lakh( without the remapping of the ecu)

just the ground clearence is sufficient and the 30k for this job is a descent price.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
  9. Roadrash30

I'm still facing issues with AC chilling. I came to know that FIAT had recalled their petrol models for AC upgradation in Oct-Nov 2010.
    And I had got my car delivered on 2nd Nov. Still not sure if mine AC is already upgraded or not.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Roadrash,just clean/vacuum clean the pollen filter or change the pollen filter,it should solve the problem.
    Mods,can you please upload a video demonstrating as to how to reach,clean pollen filter.Thanks