1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I would like to upgrade the A/C. Is that being offered?
  2. raaams

raaams

Grond clearance to be incresed to 185mm

I spoke to a salesguy, he confirmed that this upgrade will be available in chennai after 6 months time at a cost of Rs. 30000 approximately.:p
  3. maverick

maverick Amatore

Is the AC in Punto that bad, my Apr 2011 Punto's cabin chills very fast. Never had any issues with the AC with the humid and hot conditions in Kerala,
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    One Doubt! I see in fiat website that GC is 195 for 1.2 Fire Petrol and 185 for 1.4 Fire Petrol and 1.3 MJD. Is it any typo error? or its just 185 mm? I was under impression that its 195 mm not 185! If its 195 then the delta is 24 mm [2 Inches], which is excellent!

-Gopi
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You read it right Gopi. 195 mm is only for 1.2 Petrol. For 1.4 Fire and 1.3 MJD the GC is 185 mm. But, the GC for Linea has been increased to 185 mm which is again 24 mm higher than the previous version.
  6. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    One small correction Gopi, 1 Inch = 25.4mm.:cool:
  7. i think at a cost of 30k, the upgrade is not too worth it. its almost the price difference between 2011 n 2012 versions. the turning radius will still be 5.4-5.5m in 2011. so why spend 30k for that extra 1.2 cm? infact u end up paying more than the 2012.
    1 person likes this.
  8. sunnyside

sunnyside

Ahmedabad
    Extra Ground Clearance @ 30K is not worth it

I recently took a test drive of 2012 linea, my impressions:

Its not as comfortable as my 2011, because the dash seems to be higher at the same seat height.
    It feels like we are driving sitting up, just like in wagon R type tall boys
    All potholes can be cruised over without scraping
    Engine seems a little more powerfull, i felt pushed into the seat on acceleration, my old one seems more linear, but new one is fun
    Clutch seems a litttle soft.
    I was driving my friends honda city with 2012 linea in next lane, the linea seemed HUGE, maybe taller that sx4 even.

whether we should go for upgrade? at 185mm increase i dont think so, the increased height robs the luxury of low seating.
    But if the company give option of custom height increase maybe to 170 or 175mm then once can consider. 185mm increase in not worth it.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Can New ECU ,Soft Clutch & Lighter steering be incorp. in old Puntos / Lineas ?

Can anyone throw some light on Incorporation of following factors of 2012 vehicles , in older Puntos / Lineas & the costs involved ?

New ECU ( for higher power )

Softer Clutch ( for less strain on Left Ankle/foot )

Lighter Steering ( for Less strain on Shoulder )

I am not very much in favour of added GC @ 30K

Atul
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why conclude that it is not worth it at 30K. Nobody knows about the pricing yet. Concluding something based on speculations is not healthy.