1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi,

Sharing Fiat India news on FB

[h=6]"Fiat India
    [/h][h=6]Hi all Fiat followers and existing customers - the request wth respect to upgrading ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto, is going to be fulfilled almost on an immediate basis across India and the service centers will be able to do the upgrade the cars at a cost. Then you can place a request with your service center and get the benefit of the product updation in your older cars also. Hope this helps in enhancing the drive experience of the Linea and Punto further for our existing customers."[/h]
    Keenly awaiting the cost details for the same.

BR,

Abhinav
    17 people like this.
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Great News. Do let us know if you receive a reply from them...
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    great news now just hope the price is affordable
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ah. Its out finally. This is what I have been hearing for the last one month. But, I didn't expect this early from Fiat :).

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

I am also eager to know whether its only the suspension setup that is offered or also the 16" alloys as well.
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Thats great news ! Eagerly awaiting for the cost details !
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i dont think its going to be a cheap affair. especially the alloys cost
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Since the new Linea Active/Dynamic versions of 1.4 FIRE and 1.3 MJD share the same increased GC of 185 mm without 16" alloys, I think that the upgrade pack will comprise new suspension kit only without 16" alloys and bigger and wider tyres. So, the cost of the upgrade may not be very high.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    5 people like this.
  8. let see when they will do this and what will be the cost. Hoping to be cheap and TATA don`t add some hidden cost for profit
    1 person likes this.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Have booked my car for this saturday, would ask about GC increase and cost assoiciated with it.
    I anyway have to change parts in front right and rear right suspension to bring the camber values within range, if the upgrade is not going to cost too much it's going in my car ASAP.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    best way is to use the car as it is till the edge of warranty for suspensions and then complain and get them changed in warranty. the new stocks they would be having will be off upgraded suspensions :)
    1 person likes this.