1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

@Dilip_Dmk- Congrats man. ::T I like the sticker that says "Lancia Alfa Romeo FIAT". Truly gives the feel of a sports car. Where is this sticker located? :anyone
  2. capt_slow

capt_slow

Mumbai

Good to see that members in other cities / towns have responsive service centers .

my grievance regarding the acc not being as effective as desired were swept below the carpet in the 1yr/ 15000km free service . i too decided to live with it for the moment as it seemed fine with dial set at 19 degrees . However i am concerned about the warmer months

are any of tata-fiat's mumbai service centers acknowledging the acc issue and readily offering to fix it under warranty?
  3. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

This update will be extended to all petrol engine Linea/Punto. It's from FIAT itself and under warranty you will get a call soon.
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Hi Paddle shifter ,

The alfa romeo , lancia etc sticker is near the fan . It was quite difficult clicking it !!!!

@shashank : my recent FE is 17.8 kmpl , speed b/w 90 - 100 kmh without ac !!!!!
  5. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

I need this replacement, not for the cooling effect but for this sticker :mrgreen: .Next time someone asks me why you bought a FIAT and not City , i can open the bonnet, show him the sticker and say thats why !!! :dance
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

atul: you dont need go for the kit replacement then, there are still many parts which have all those "goody goody" words written, just get a torch and a good camera to search around your engine bay :)
  7. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4

hey guys i asked my dealer about the replacement. He confirmed that it has started but only particular serial numbers are eligible for the upgrade. He doesnt know which ones...but he said if you are eligible you u will get a call from the place you purchased your car.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

FIAT doesnt have ample kit, the request for upgrades have been more than what they can handle it seems, also this are imported ones, they are working on getting similar one from local partners to cut the cost down, thus it seems they are trying to reduce the load on imported kits costs, offering it at very selective basis, once the local supply is in they will push out more effectively. As already conveyed in meet at Factory visit that, they plan to get this done by jun, jul 2011 or so, that somewhat indicates that they will have sufficient amount of kits by FEB, March from local sources so that they could complete the process by jun-jul 2011.

My dealer along with region after sales head has ordered the kit 2 weeks ago, its yet to arrive and no one has any clue when it would reach :(
    Awaiting till then ..
  9. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad

i own a mjd punto, nov 2009 model, today i recieved a call from dhingra motors gudgoan for a/c upgradation.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Oho, so even diesel is getting this upgrade, need to check with my service center.