1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

Nitin is it only for petrol models?
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

This is what I am aware of.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Yups its been only for petrol model and probably more precisely for Linea 1.4 Fire.
    It might take 4-6 months for them to get this changes done, they made this changes based on the feedback from the customers and came up with new system for Tjet and now implementing the same to Old Lineas for free of cost.
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Even my punto has also gone through this mod from Elegant motors [ only mine and Mr.Nitin's car was done dat day ] .

As mentioned earlier the size of the fan and various tubings [qlty of rubber/foam over thew tubings is also good , ensuring a rattle free ride in the future ] have increased .

Radiator has been split into two parts . However , now the fan is making more noise [maybe bigger size , more fan RPM ].

No ECU upgrade was done and the gas has to be recharged [ no hurry as ac is not being used in this weather ] .

Also , all dis was done under the supervision of Mr. Amit Srivastava [ Fait , pune ] along with a two others from fiat .He also mentioned about some door locks being changed [ as the existing ones are scrapping the paint from body ].

And Mr. OP Sharma [ elegant motors ] was at his best in answering the queries of his customers .

Dilip
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Well Said Dilip.

Very nice meeting with your dad on that day. Say my hello to your dad.
  6. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

This problem with the A/c (not being effective enough in the hot indian summer) was discussed during our interaction with Fiat management during our 3-Dec Factory visit.

It was re-iterated that the solution will be provided to all customers who ever faces this issue or who ever want to check this. This official announcement is going to come soon.

It was good to hear this update directly from the management.
    Now, waiting for it to happen. I myself feel the ac is not effective enough.
  7. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Re: AC Upgrade

Dude can you check if this update is available for Punto E+ Dec 2009 to March 2010 models please?

When I enquired with Concorde a couple of weeks back when I booked the car they said that Punto's didnt have a AC problem.It would be best If I get this done before I take the delivery as they may not be as responsive to my concerns post full payment and delivery.
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

All, i have an GP Punto 1.3 Diesel EP, and im a little confused if this upgrade is applicable for me. There has not been any visible issues with my AC cooling (14K on odo starting March 2010), but i get the hissing sound from the AC pipes adding on to the rattling noises. Im adding items to be listed for my second service, and would like to add this if this is applicable for my GP as well.

ALso, has someone done this in Chennai?

thanks
    Narayan
  9. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Mr. Rajeev kapoor was very clear in the Q & A session that this replacement is only for petrol cars, not diesel.

Hope this helps :)
  10. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin

Hey guys, My AC stopped working after about 2-3 weeks from the day of the car delivery from Hyson Motors (Thrissur). So, I took it to the service station and they told me that the compressor is not working and told me to come by evening and it would be fixed. Asssuming that my car is fixed I went to the service center by evening to collect my car and they told me that they are not being able to fix the issue and that they have given it to an outside workshop to fix it as there is some leak in the piping or something. The person who was attending me told me to come by the next day evening to collect my car. I was wondering , what kind of an authorised service center it is which cant fix a simple AC problem. The next day i got my car and the AC was working fine. Thank God !

After a month or so, my Ac started dying again. At 15,000kms , (a few days back)i took it for service and i told my service adviser that there is some issue with the AC is having poor cooling. So he told me that there is being a lot of complaints from customers about low cooling and so fiat has developed some new parts which are replaced to provide better cooling and he told he would fix it for me. I got my car the next day and the AC's cooling had improved to a large extend. The total bill of my 15,000km service came upto Rs 15,000. I was just curious because, when I gave my Scorpio for paid service and it costed me only about Rs 5,000 .