1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    Thats one good solace to Linea,as I always found the AC Chilling effect to be lesser than other brand of cars.Hopefully this upgrade will be done before i purchase my Linea.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    All new cars have been coming with upgraded kits since long.

I would advise a test ride of such a car which has had an upgrade kit installed at the dealer or which has come with the upgraded kit from the factory itself.

Gurjinder.
  3. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    Last Test ride i did in a Linea about 10 days back in mumbai,didnot certainly feature this upgrade..or did the feel that Mumbai was more humid...in either case,Im watching this space.
    Aircon is one of the most important aspect I look in a car.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  4. niranrao

niranrao Timido

Bangalore
    I had this prob for a long time. here in Bangalore they said that all the petrol units are going for this upgrade. can you try with some other service center. i had a test drive today in my car and the driver side blower which was not responding in the past has started working well. ru facing the same issue?
  5. Hi! This is my first post on this forum, although for a wrong reason- My Linea has undergone the same AC replacement but like a few others, my FAN noise has become terrible like some Jet engine making a noise- but this only if I get out of my vehicle I can hear the noise pollution it is causing. Is there any LEGAL way to reduce fan noise, as my vehicle is still under warranty. Has anybody contacted higher authorities in Fiat India? Please reply soon, am concerned, my vehicle is currently in the monsoon service camp and before he returns it I want to tell him any suggestions you all could provide me with...
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    A bit off topic however somehow I feel Puntos don't make such a noise, atleast I havnt observed in mine. Even in very hot summer when I reduced temp to 22, I used to hear occassionally some slight noise of radiator fan but that's just it.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    just forget about this. all new upgraded AC kits have this noise. earlier the fan RPM was less. now its fitted with dual stage fan where in under loads the fan operates are very high RPM. due to this you get a jet engine sort of sound.

my brand new linea had it right from first day. i digged into it a lot. later i connected the ECU simulator and tried triggering the fan first at low rpm i,.e 1st speed and then at 2nd . at second speed the fan rpm is so high that its bound to make that noise.

Despite all this i am not a fan of AC cooling in fiats alltogether.
  8. abhi_linea

abhi_linea

Hey, Even I've got a May 2010 Linea MJD. Its got a pathetic AC. The dealer(BU Bhandari) isn't helping me with it and I wasn't told about the replacement ever!!
    Anyway, BU Bhandari got bogged down during the recall process itself and Pandit Auto doesnt help BU Bhandari cars.
    Could you tell me where in Pune did you get your AC kit from and when?

9. This upgrade is for Petrol cars. I can see from your profile that you have MJD, which does not require upgrade. Check with TASC or meet up with other TFIans from your city. They should be able to diagnosis and help you. You should also check your car's pollen /mesh filter for cleanliness.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012