1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Being one of the biggest town in North maha and very near to Pune( Manufact. plant) it is incredible to believe Nasik does not Have FASC.
    FIAT plz wake up. At least forst cover all the major dist. of Maha.
  2. ninads123

ninads123

Nashik
    We are also hearing the same story about fire incident at their pune plant but I am not sure how true it is coz I have not heard about that in any news.

I am also waiting for spares since June.
  3. ninads123

ninads123

Nashik
    They have started new FASC couple of weeks back in Nasik :)
    But still no equipments yet due to fire incident at pune plant :/
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Ninad what is FASC.

Fire incident is true & it was published in local newspaper.
  5. I have done my AC upgrade last week. The lag in the 1'st and 2'nd gear has reduced. But the fan noise could be heard inside the cabin. Feels awkward initially, but I guess I will get used to it in the end.
  6. niranrao

niranrao Timido

Bangalore
    Hi All,

Finally I got the confirmation that the AC unit had arrived in my service center and I have taken appointment for this upgrade this Saturday. I need to know how long does it take for this upgrade? Should I leave my car for the entire day?
    What are the things I need to look at to confirm that the upgrade really happened?
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Fiat Authorised Service Center
  8. niranrao

niranrao Timido

Bangalore
    Hello........

Got my AC upgrade done yesterday in KHT moters. they have done a gd job. i coud'nt test it as it was raining very heavily. Thanx to Adit and Javid for getting it done in a very short notice.
  9. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4

hey even i got a 1.4 emotion pk version delivered in jan'11 and booked in dec 2010.....
    but when i had gone for an appointment(concored motors mumbai) some time back in MAY'11.. they asked for the details over the phone about my car and told me to come over but after reaching the inspected and told that my car already comes with the upgraded AC kit ....so i dont need to upgrade..now how true is it and how can i verify the same..?
    some where in this forumn a feloow member(PAddleshifter) had replied to my query saying tat all cars manufactured after oct-nov 2010 come with the upgraded AC kit from the factory itself.
    then how come your car which was delivered in feb 2011 was upgraded post delivery....???
  10. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    @herbie
    Upgraded A/C condenser size is big and width is broader. Also fan size is big as compered to old.
    There are pictures of both old n new in some forum (or in tmbhp, I don't remember exactly)
    Please serch all pages on both, and compare with yours.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011