1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I got my car's AC upgrade from Fortune Cars, Nerul for BNW Punto. Also FIAT is now providing modified O ring to all Service Stations to address the AC problem as per Fortune official.
  2. Whats a white AC kit Param ?
  3. They have different categories for AC replacements, 1.4 emotion pak petrol requires white AC kit which they say is not available since 4 months. Other kit's are may be orange and green.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  4. They have different categories for AC replacements, 1.4 emotion pak petrol requires white AC kit which they say is not available since 4 months. Other kit's are may be orange and green.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    For whatever reasons, there are far too many complaints of the AC replacement and post replacement gas leakage. I hope the situation does not turn out to be a Pandora's Box by suggesting a free replacement of these kits.

By the number of cars coming in to the service center with AC problems are too discomforting.
  6. My AC has been upgraded on my petrol version Punto 1.2 Emotion recently... it is alot cooler from the last one however...has anyone noticed engine reving-up more if the car's speed goes below.. 10-15 kmph... (if AC on 1) or its just normal?
  7. I'am confused about the AC upgrade, Should I Upgrade or No ?? People say it's cooling much better but also report of too much noise, gas leak problem etc.?
    Can anyone advice me on this ??
  8. Yes, Vineet this is normal symptom after AC kit upgrade. Even noise of fan is more as in this kit we have a larger fan.
  9. arun687

arun687

Mumbai
    Certainly go for the upgrade. The cooling is so much better and the fan noise is only a little higher, you can turn it into speed 1 (almost no noise at this position) after a few mins as it cools real fast. Don't know about the gas leak.
  10. Thanks Prashant.. I was abit worried.. may be it would have been tuning issues with the AC.. But as you said its normal, this replies my answer. This is my first car, so I have no prior experience.. of driving cars with AC on in summers. :)