1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
  2. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note- Threads merged
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    exactly...this noon i had been to fiat parts supplier @ Kashmiri gate(new Delhi) told me the same thing that very soon all fiat cars are gonna be recalled for their faulty condensers. cost for the change would be around 25k for each condenser.its for all cars it seems...........
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    ..oops

sorry for the overlook :eek:

actually i tried searching with the words "AC replacement"....guess i missed on the thread dished out by the search results ..

any ways thankx a ton for the thread merge

but i havent been contacted by FIAT for the replcement thinggy :confused:
    i got delivery of my Punto in jan 2011.... (its a 1.4 petrol version)..

was researchin on the internet coz of Smell from my AC vents:mad: [http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?2668-smell-from-AC-vents..] and thats when i stumbled on the article.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Herbie, all petrol Punto and Linea manufactured since October 2010 come equipped with upgraded ACs. If your car is manufactured in Oct 10 or later, you need not worry about the upgrade.
  7. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    k...the article in the link posted by me was dated as feb 2011... hence i thought even i need to replace ...
  8. arun25

arun25

Mumbai
    Hi Guys, I own a punto emotion 2009. The a/c is giving terrible time in bumper to bumper traffic conditions. Even after the recent upgrade of the kit, the problem persist. when it is cruising or idling , the cooling is superb. I spoke to the service enginners at wasan, whom are not willing to accept this fault. I am very disappointed with this and dont know what to do now
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mine 1.2 Active is cooling well after the up gradation of the Kit, usually keep the ventilation on the Re-cycling mode and then turn f to In-Cabin cycle mode once the cabin is cool, Hope this exercise will solve the issue.. If the problem stills pursuits then check up the Gas level????
  10. I'm trying very hard to upgrade my AC from Fortune Nerul. Also called Fiat couple of times. Mine requires a white AC kit which is not available since last 4 months at Fortune Cars Nerul ( very hard to belive this !). Fiat call center promised me someone would call me within 72 hours and give some update. Let's see.:uh