1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. i dont think my punto has any such problem.
    yes it takes a little time to cool but then, it gets chilly inside after all the heat is lost.

why not roll down the windows for a few minutes after you turn on the ac compressor???
    that would remove most of the hot air from the cabin and fresh air from the ac fan would be coming inside

but then yes.
    the fan makes such a big noise that it can be heard atleast 20feet far i guess.
    hope they fix the fan noise issue in the mjd.
    please fiat listen to this request
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

After upgrade, i am not facing any issue, be it parked right under the nose of sun :p
    Its been amazing improvement :D
    Not to say i have a black color linea, belive me you cant touch the body when its park under soon, the metal becomes so hot that i soemtime feel that we can make omlette or dosa over it :eek:

3. viny sir
    how can you think of omlet or dosa on tour linea.
    the steering becomes so hot in my punto if the front windshield is in a straight line to the sun that you feel the skin in the palms and fingers peeling off..
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    for all of you who park there cars under sun the windshield cover is a must. use it it keeps the car preety cool. the foldable thing that can stick to the windshield. it does wonder.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

My Linea has it. It really helps to protect the interior from scorching heat atleast to some extent.
  6. The first day after the upgrade the fan noise did not seem like too much. the other day i parked the car and ran to the other side of the road to the ATM and could hear the fan even inside the atm. this shit is LOUD and embarrassing. But it really cools well.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Are you sure it was not the noise of ATM AC Fan?
  8. Well i dont know how it is ideally supposed to work but i have noticed that when the car is moving the fan doesnt run...or at least it doesnt make any noise at all (probably runs at speed 1) however when the car is stationary the fan seems to run and make a loud noise.
  9. Im sure it was not the AC fan in the ATM..cauz that ATM didnt have an AC....one of those open door kinds...the point being the upgraded radiator fan is way too loud.
  10. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Yes, you are right and that's what my question was. Since I never gave so much attention the AC and radiatory fan till the Gas leak and then re-fill at service station incident.

My other question is...does the fan runs at speed 1 always when only the engine is running and not AC? I think no, it runs only when there is a need for it to run, right? So here is the sequence that I want to put in. NOt sure how right this is...

1. Cold start AC off- Fan is not running
    2. Engine hot and needs cooling (as per whatever ECU logic is set), AC off- Fan runs at speed 1 (lower speed/RPM)
    3. Engine is hot and radiatory fan speed 1 is not enough to temp reduction, AC off- Fan speed increases to speed 2
    4. Engine is running but it doesn't need cooling like #2 above, AC off- Fan is off
    5. Engine is running but it doesn't need coolin like in #2, AC ON- Fan runs at speed 1
    6. Engine is hot and AC on- Fan runs at speed 2 (higher speed/RPM)

In my opinion these are the valid conidtions where we can say that radiator fan is always on when AC is on, but at what speed is still not clear to me, because currently what I see is radiator fan always runs at speed 2 when AC is on.