1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. may be the upgrade wasnt done corretly. since the upgrade i have found things to be better. infact the lag that you talk about seems to have reduced after the ECU flash. also fan noise is indeed more but i cant hear it in the cabin..so its not a problem.
  2. arulvr

Not sure what you mean by upgrade not done correctly, is there a parameter to verify? I did confirm the version # was updated to the newer one post the update. As a matter of fact, I was inside the service pay and was close to the ECU tool while it was done. I was watching the entire ECU flashing process.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Just to share a perspective.

Today I left office at 4.15 pm. the car was parked in open at the mercy of all elements & nature under the harsh sun. It was hot like furnace. I've Linea Emotion Pk with ACC. I set it on Low temp & took off. In about 5-7 minutes, the cabin got cooled, manageable level of coolness. After 15 minutes or so, the cabin got chilled, real chilled.
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

+1 to amit. With the upgraded ACC, even when car is parked in open hot sun, it takes max 5-7 mins for getting chilled.

@arul. Can't say how the upgrade went wrong, but there is definitely some issue that you need to take to TASS.
  5. Perhaps the mechanical installations aren't sound

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Fan running even after engine is turned off

I know this has been the default behaviour with FIAT cars.
    But after AC upgrade this behaviour changed and fan used to stop once the engine is turned off.
    Now, after the free check up camp, the original behaviour is back. The moment engine is turned off, fan starts and continues for about half a minute.

They messed up something duing the AC upgrade and fixed it in the free service camp? :???:

Any else observed this change? Mine is 1.4 E.
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Is the working of the fan after the engine is switched off a normal function for 1.2 fire engines ???

Please clarify , since the fan in my car stops as soon as the engine is stopped ....
    And this is happening from the day one , and didnt care , as i had thought it to be a battery saver function .
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Before the AC upgrade, the fan used to run for about half a minute after turning off the engine. After the AC upgrade, fan used to stop the moment engine is turned off. Now, the old behaviour is restored.
    As far as I know, the fan running for a few seconds even after turning off the engine is a normal behaviour in FIAT cars.
    Those with more "FIAT experience" may shed more light.
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My car is going for an AC upgrading tomorrow, will post the review soon
  10. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Hi All,

I have a Punto 1.2 delivered in Dec 2010 and since the dealer has not contacted me yet for an AC upgrade, I believe my car already has the factory fitted upgraded AC unit.

Normally I don’t turn on the AC immediately after starting my car when it’s stand still, it’s only after around 1 or 2 KMs drive I turn it on, just to make sure that the engine is warmed up enough and also I heard that this is a good practice.

A couple of weeks back I took the car for a small drive out (around 20KMs) to Alandi (a place near Pune). Now, on this drive, after around 1 KM when I turned on the AC, it’s just didn’t turn on, I mean the blower was running but the cool air just vanished, it was blowing only hot air. I called up Pandit Auto and booked an appointment.

After checking the car it was observed that gas has leak out (I think this issue is already reported earlier in some Petrol Punto’s ). They asked me to leave the car for further inspection. But they couldn’t find the leak since it’s minor as per the mechanic, they observed it for 3 hours after pressurizing the unit. Since I had a planned outing next day the service advisor filled in the gas, replaced O rings FOC as a precaution and delivered the car.

The AC is working fine after taking the delivery but I observed following things (I won’t put them as issues because I am not sure yet if it’s normal operation or they are really issues)

1. Whenever the car is stand still and I turn on the AC, I feel minor vibrations adding up in the cabin. This may be normal, since I didn’t notice before and now I am just getting conscious while using AC. My question is, is this normal (i.e. having little vibrations when you turn on the AC when the car is stand still)? When the car is at speed ( it can be even 5 or 10 KMPH in 1st gear or 60 KMPH in top gear) I don’t feel any vibrations may be because of the speed.

2. Whenever I turn on the AC, the radiator fan kicks in but doesn’t stop anytime unless I turn AC off? Is this also normal? I mean the radiator fan is switched whenever AC is turned on etc. Earlier I never noticed it since I never turned it on when the car is stand still or maybe I missed to listen (observe) to it. My assumption is that radiator fan should stop after a brief interval just like it does when the AC is off. Is this happening because of the hot summer?

Can exprts throw some light and clear my doubts?
    Last edited: May 3, 2011