1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    It was Fortune, Thane.

I'm not sure if ECU Flash was done.
    I've taken tomorrow's appointment, will check with them.
  2. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I finally got a call from galaxy motors asking me to get the ac upgrade done. I will be going tomorrow to give the car. They said it would take around 6 hours. I really hope they do a good job!!! has any one got it done from galaxy before?
  3. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hey guys finally got the ac upgrade done from galaxy motors mulund along with the 2nd free service. The ac now cools reallly fast. They also flashed the ECU and now i barely notice any difference, besides the compressor whine, when the ac is on. earlier the car would jerk a bit. also the bad pick up in 2nd gear seems to have disappeared. However the pick up in 3rd gear is not like what it was before...but still fairly good...for my use at least. Also the service given by galaxy was simply excellent..they kept me updated on the status of my car..also called me when it was done. Also i dont know if this is psychological but my mileage seems to have decreased..the needle falls faster and also the MID shows me a figure of 8.5...but i guess it will be more accurate after some more driving. earlier i used to get 14.5 as per the MID.
  4. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    People, I had the AC kit replaced on my 1.4 FIRE Punto last month but the SA missed to flash the ECU. I got the ECU flashing done couple of days ago and since then, this is what am facing:

- Compressor Fan Noise, its like starting a chopper (when the A/C is on)
    - The car feels too heavy and takes ages to move the car in 2nd gear
    - Cooling is alrite and good.
    - I'm missing the punch which I used to get before the ECU Flash
    - Switch OFF the A/C, the car is back to normal - no noise, decent pickup and punch and light weight

So, what am I suppose to do? The noise is really horrible and not tolerable + doesnt justify the Petrol version of the car.

Comments/ feedback ??

Thanks much !
    Arul
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The Fan nose is a "known-defect". I have learned to live with it. But the other issues seem to be new. I think you need to get this checked again.
  6. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    You mean NOISE, right FL?:p
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I noticed one major welcome change after AC upgradation in my Linea: as soon as I switch off the engine, the fan also stops, so does the noise! Earlier, the fan used to rotate for a few more seconds before stopping itself automatically.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    ooops...It's NOISE from the ACs nose(Fan), from where it inhales fresh air:D.
    typo regretted.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    In my punto 1.2 , the fan used to stop as soon as the engine is switched off , from the day one .

Hope its not a problem !!!!
  10. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    I don't think I can live with the noise, its unbearable and gets everyone's attention on the road...there is a huge lag when the AC is ON and I have to really stand on the pedal to move the car in 1st/2nd gear..however, the car is back to normal when the AC is Off...clearly things are messy now..guess I shudn't have gone for the upgrade :(