1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. @pioneeraron
    I had spoken to this guy called Kiran who normally is my service advisor on most visits. I have had a good experience with him so far. Also this was around 6 months ago i guess when the upgrades had just started, so may be he too was not too sure back then. I dont remember my VIN number off hand but im sure its a may 2010 manufactured BSIV punto emo pk. any idea if i am eligible for the upgrade?
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

nxt time wen u go meet yogesh and tell him my name...then c wt wonders he does for u ::V

i guess for 2010 BS4 model upgrade not needed..upgrade mostly needed for cars starting with VIN GPZ(July '09)

But u can call FIAT customer care on 1800-209-5556 and confirm with them.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I received an sms from Tata Motors requesting me to take my Linea to the nearest Fiat dealership for AC upgrade FoC. The VIN of my Linea was also mentioned in the message. So, if you are eligible, you too would have received the sms.
  4. arulvr

Look out my previous comments which talks about serial numbers. If you can get the ECU report and can verify the serial number before/after upgrade, that should help. However, you got to push the SA to receive the report. I'm yet to get the ECU flashing done, but will not walk out of the TASS without the report !
  5. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

AC Updation

:shocked i got a call this morning from the place i bought my Punto for an AC upgradation. My AC is working fine, dont know why they called. The lady said that it would require about 4 hours and was asking me to book a date for it.

I have heard previously that some AC upgradation was done, cam someone :anyone :idea: tell whats this upgradation about ?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  7. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

Guys, after the AC upgrade i too hear fan noise alot and with AC on car feels little heavier.
    I see most of the ppl gone for upgrade has the same complaint.
    Is it something now we have to live with or is there some way to get around it?
  8. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Finally the upgraded AC kit took to test in Mumbai's 35+ deg. Temp. The result was pathetic.:mad: It was only a hour drive but I was sweating like hell. No doubt they have made a beautiful machine and fabulous car but not the AC.:hit

I'm going to my native this week end where the temp is around 41+. Can't imagine what will happen there.

Any suggestions guys how to overcome this issue, I mean apart from the -infamous culprit - 'Pollen Filter' ?
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    nmp its sad that ur car is not cooling well. on my recent visits the temp outside was 41 and my linea cooled really well. though i never had much problem on the highways prior to the upgrade but city was where i could feel that the a.c is not performing. have to check city cooling in soaring temp after the upgrade.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

That's strange for I felt the AC cooling & effectiveness increasing by several notches after the upgrade in my Linea. Which TASC did you get the upgrade done from? Have they covered everything including ECU flash?