1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You can try Elegant Motors .... They have the most technically sound workers .... The workshop is in -

FASC : ELEGANT CARS PVT. LTD
    Address : 206,FIE , Patpar Ganj,
    East Delhi, Delhi Pincode :110092
    Contact Details :
    Phone No : 011-42141614/15, 011-30183855-59
    Mobile No : 9811455990
    Fax No :011 - 42141619
    Email : samyak2001@rediffmail.com

For the things to be changed during the 3rd servicing refer your owner's manual . AC upgradation takes max. 2days ... One day to install the kit ,,, second day to check the coolant level and recharge AC refrigeant gas . Even the seervicing could be done second day itself ,,, But this depends on the workshop ...

Dlp
  2. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Thanks for advice guys, I gave my car for upgrade.
    How can we check that upgrade was actually done? And also ecu was flashed. Can we verify?
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @Sahib

Pop up ur car's bonnet and u shall c new condensor kit with a sticker on it and a new fan(bigger) and pipes...ECU flashing one cant make out visually..but u will feel the difference in cooling and pickup will be better with AC on...

dfbff94e-c2dd-e078.jpg
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You can see the MID data reset. Date, time etc. if ECU flash is done.
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes, this is true - On my GP, Time was flashing and, then I adjusted it. Not sure if Date was reset as well ::pP
  6. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hey can the upgrade be done from any dealer...Because Galaxy motors mulund insists that it has to be done from the place you bought your car..That too the dealer will give you a call if your serial number is on their list
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @eldrid

upgrade can be carried out anywhere in india at any authorised TASS..but check VIN no. for manufacturing date..from that u can make out whether ur car needs the upgrade o not..galaxy is giving u jazz...whom did u speak to??
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    From superbly pathetic to super chillin' !!!!

Hi ,

Got to test the potential of the new AC kit upgrade , ysterday ..

Parked the car under the blistering sun for three hours .. With outside temperature hovering around 34 - 36* C .
    Switched on the Blower [fan speed = 4 ] and all windows rolled down . Then put on the the ac . rolled up the windows , blower speed - 2 .

And ..... the cabin was cooling within 5 minutes ... and became super-chillin after 10 minutes ...
    Also mileage was around 12-13 kmpl ... So overall the ac upgrade has been efficient ...

Those having problems even after the ac upgrade ,, should recharge the ac refrigeant gas , and look for any leaks ..

Guys with petrol cars shouldnt even think twice before going for this upgrade .
    Fiat is not a fool replacing the old ac kits with new kits . A kit is costing them around Rs. 30,000 + labour ....

Dlp_dmk
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

Is it??/ Never paid attention..cuz TASS always set the time and date before handing over the car to me.. ::V

Thanx for the info :)
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Re: From superbly pathetic to super chillin' !!!!

I have open parking where sun rays touch my car in morning at around 8 AM, play with her till evening. I've taken out my car in second half many times. When I enter in car, I feel its boiling. What I do is, I open all four doors and boot for 20-30 seconds and then close one by one. This through the hot air out.

Once I am in and start moving, I keep fan speed to 2 with front windows down for 1-2 minutes. Then switch on AC with fan speed 3 and air flow direction towards face and leg in order to use rear vents available in Punto under front seats. Belive me guys, 4-5 minutes is more than enough to make my car chilled.

In last summer I felt that my friends Sentro's AC was very effective but after AC unit upgrade, I am clearly feel that my Punto's AC is stronger than that Sentro.