1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    How is the fan noise? Is it really obtrusive? Im a bit apprehensive hearing all the noise related comments. Already spoke to fortune motors sakinaka and they have the kits in stock. Out of town this weekend for 7 days. Thinking of getting it done post that.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Sitting inside the car, I didn't hear anything abnormal. However, while parking into the garage, my wife came out of my home and enquired, why our Linea was making more sound! :mrgreen:
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    No change in sound level. I think sound got reduced due to second service and again reached the previous level due to bigger fan. ::O
    I checked it by starting the car and standing outside with and without bonnet open.

Nice job TASS!!!.

Rajeev
  4. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    People, need some help here. I got the kit replaced last week and took the delivery yesterday from KHT Motors (Blr). Spent 30 mins driving in hot sun but the A/C never cooled the bay as it has to at MIN (16'c). Checked with thermometer which throwed 19'c reading, again, I can't trust the/their thermo toy. But I wasn't convinced with the new upgrade neither was I happy since the time of purchase.

Here is where I need help!
    - Did you guys did the ECU Flashing? Not just examiner, ECU Flash !!!
    - The technician confirmed after much of the discussion that the password from Italy is yet to arrive for him to flash ECU. The old pwd expired by Feb 2011.
    - Can someone confirm, changing/upgrading the kit ALONE will help to give better A/C effect? My thought was, it does need an ECU Flash!
    - Finally, have got the serial # for Euro 3 version which has to refelct as below before & after flashing ECU. Has anyone who has done the upgrade and flashed ECU got the report? If yes, please check the below serial #

GP 1.4 16V Euro 3:
    Before flashing:

Hardware # 0261S04663
    Software # 1037500819

After Flashing:

H# 0261S04663 (no change)
    S# 1037510691

Please note, there IS difference between Euro III & Euro IV, the above number refers to Euro III only..

Thanks for the time to update. I'm really tiered going back to them again for the ECU flash which I thought it was their responsibility.
    Btw, can someone comment the A/C performance for me who has done the upgrade?
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No clue what's wrong in ur case. My Ac upgrade was done one month back, and I saw significant improvement in performance post upgrade. Yes, ECU flash too was done for me.
    It's a pity that the dealer's password got expired and we should suffer because of their mistake or negligence.
    I suggest you get your car checked at Concorde motors, diary circle. I was never happy with the quality of service at KHT, or the way they treat FIAT customers.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    In case of my Linea, ECU flashing was done. Post-upgradation, I feel cooler with more air inflow within the cabin for the same ACC setting. My wife and daughter told me that now Linea has become noisier! But, sitting in the car, I don't find any difference. :)
  7. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks much Ravi/FiatLover for your comments...appreciate it ! The sad part is, I got to scrutinize the service guy to find out if the ECU flash was done...after much debate and argument, he agreed and confirmed that ECU Flash wasn't done as the password expired and has to come from Italy :-( .
    I will be going again this week and I have told him that I WILL be near the examiner until the flash is done and the report should reflect the new serial # against the software.

It was my second service along with A/C upgrade so went to KHT. I guess its about time I shift to Dairy Circle which is close by for me. Will keep the forum updated on how it goes.

Thanks again !
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    @ Arulvr, Even i Jaipur, the password had expired and after 3 weeks TASS got the password from Italy.
    My GP was upgraded and its working fine, no Fan Noise at all. its as silent as before. Cooling is fine today it was 36Degrees and I had parked the car outside in sun and cabin cooled in 8-9 minutes in 5-6bars of Fan Speed (I have Emotion Pk)
  9. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Hi, I own Linea 1.4 Emotion PK. I plan to go for Ac upgrade from a service center in Delhi. Can anybody suggest any good exp. I took my car from Aone motors, which has shut operations in Delhi now.
    One of the service centers i approached in west delhi, told me it I have to leave my car for 3 days for the Upgrade as there is alot to be done and there is alot of customers getting the upgrade done. Does it really takes 3 days?
    Also, along with the upgrade i plan to go for 3rd service which is due. Can anybody suggest what all things needs to changed for 3rd service and what would be the total estimated cost?
    Thanks in advance.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I handed over my Linea at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, at 9:30 am and collected at 5:00 pm, the same day after AC upgradation+complimentary car wash. I gave 10 out 10 in all the three feedbacks.