1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Vahanpujari : How do you see coolant as 50-50% ratio in the tank?
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    You can make out from the color :) . Its diluted. But it could not be 50%-50% as I mentioned earlier generalising it. The color looks like 60% coolant - 40% water
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    The manual states 60-40

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  4. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Is it for Diesel also?
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ^^^ only for petrol !!!
  6. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I'd handed over my car to the ASS on 5th of March and they said it would be handed over by tuesday evening . And the service this time was awesome . SA attended very very quickly on the 5th . Also called back on Monday and said the car should be ready by tuesday . On tuesday called up at 10 and said car is ready but I wasnt . I was so tired after the morning jog , I asked him to keep the car for another day .. lol . will go and check the car properly tomorrow
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,
    I got the a.C upgraded in my GP, along with the second service.
    Now it is a totally different experience. It became smoother and performance of a.c is better.
    Will check the mileage figures next week...and update you all.

Rajeev
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    @Rajeev - Totally agree with you . The car is soooo smooth and noise levels have reduced considerably . Am loving i . The pick has improved marginally and am happy with the over all work . They washed my car too and cleaned it and its spic and span . Gave pandit auto 10 out of 10 on the survey . Very timely and very professional this time .

Need to check mileage too if theres any improvement .

But the pick up is simply awesome .

Cooling was awesome
  9. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    I think the credit goes to the second service. Even I've noticed that engine is super smooth after 2nd service. Also gear shift has become very smooth. It slides like butter.

As far as the Ac service is concerned, I haven't noticed any difference in the car performance. But considering that Fiat is spending close to 30k on it for every car, there must be a reason to it. Also on the looks, I see great insulation added to the condenser. I see black foam & rubber beads put above the condenser. Will post pic later. I was showed the kit by the SA & He says that they are not changing the fan. It's just the condenser & all the hosings.

Hence, If your vehicle is among the ones which has to be upgraded , get it done.
  10. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If they r nt changing the fan , then wat is the reason for increased fan noise ,,,,

Vsually the fan is bigger in size nw ..

Dlp