1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

Buddy ECU(Engine Control Unit) is a chip..All the values/information are stored in that..So after the upgrade they need to re-flash/rewrite the ecu to accomodate the new upgrade and provide better cooling and alter compressor cut-off timings..Hope that explanation was fine :mrgreen:
  2. AnilGowda

AnilGowda

Yep .. info was v useful.
    I knew about ECU but dint know that ECU has to be rewritten after upgrade.

Now its crystal clear :)

Thanks
  3. satchn

satchn

Chennai
    I went to Ambattur Concorde to check a GP which has been fitted with new upgraded AC. Though the advisor showed me the spares that needs to be replaced. I could not check it in running condition. So the efforts was not fruitful. I also checked on the ECU flashing and he said it will be done along with the retrofit. He also mentioned many people have done it without any problem. High fan noise is a known thing but it is not a problem, as per the advisor.
    i have decided to get it done..though keeping my fingers crossed..
    Will let you guys know once it is done...
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: Re: Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Absolutely right. I think TASC has thoughtfully provided for high usage of coolant immediately after the upgrade as experienced by many. Thats why I mentioned "smart" TASC, for a change. ::T

Anyways, level which is 1 inch above max is not much I guess.
  5. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Thought to inform you guys about my experience of AC up-gradation.

We are in March now and the day time temp has started soaring to 35-36 deg. C. I made a round trip to Nasik yesterday. I found that the cooling effect far better than the earlier one. My GP active don't have the luxury of ACC. So what I normally do is switch off AC once the cooling is enough for me. Then again switch it on when cooling goes down. What I found is, the air was cooling much faster than before and I had to keep the AC on for a very few period - resulting in to better mileage. :dance
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    guys yet to test the ac's efficiency in summers but the ecu flash has really improved the driving manners a lot. initially the scene was that the car used be dull till 2000 rpms no matter how much you press the pedal and then you felt a turbo like rush after 2k rpm. now i am feeling as if a new engine has been fitted in my car. it behaves totally different. what i have analyzed is that the car checks the accelerator input at 1500 rpms and if it feels that the driver is in a hurry it gives a subtle push from there and then boom from 1800rpms. i could literally sense that the engine responds according to the drivers input. it runs normal if you have lazy inputs. the behavior suggests that if a driver gets addicted to this he will end up with consuming more fuel and have more fun. but it is a boon in city driving. other 1.4 owners can comment on this.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Agree with Karan. After ACC upgrade and ECU upgrade, engine feels like a different beast. It is much more nimble at lower RPMs. I have done two long trips recently (both 120km two way trips) and I can say it with lot of confidence that engine performance has changed. So far, it has not made any adverse effect on FE. The cooling too is super efficient now.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea will be going to Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, tomorrow morning for AC upgradation. I got the information that kits for Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack have been received there and I immediately booked for tomorrow morning slot. I am assured that I could take my Linea home by tomorrow evening.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    All those who have got there AC upgrades done, did you noticed if the Coolant top up done included 50% distilled water or was it pure coolant topup only?
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Viny,

Usually, 50%-50% ratio is maintained between Coolant & water while adding it. Pure coolant would be much more concentrated. I can see coolant in my Linea after AC upgrade at 50%-50% ratio.

On another note, this AC upgrade is super effective. AC is excellent now & gives a chilling effect like you use manual AC at coolest temp level. Also, the cooling is uniform. I can feel the chill at even 22 degree setting. On Saturday when I took out the car at 3 p.m. (was parked in open under the Sun since morning), the cabin cooled in 5-7 minutes to give chilling effect ::D . Also, the response in 1st & 2nd gear seems to have improved.