1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi ,

I m also experiencing increased noise levels of the fan ....
    Soln : In diesel cars there is a filt / sound absorbing / fire proofing on the underside of the bonnet . We should request Fiat to provide the same for the Petrol cars too , to reduce the noise levels . Should reduce noise to only some extent ..
    Fan is with bigger blades and hence higher noise levels ... Cant do anything about it . One has to sacrifice something : cooling or noise ..

However if noise is unbearable , do check from TASC ....

Dilip
  2. AnilGowda

AnilGowda

Thanks for your reply..

Actually I raised complaint with FIAT only, I called up FIAT customer care and I registered the complaint there, Concorde guys have closed the complaint lodged with FAIT.

After both the complaints were closed , I again called up FAIT customer care , FIAT representative said they will escalate the complaint to next level, but haven’t heard any thing after that.
  3. satchn

satchn

Chennai
    HI
    Got a call from Concorde motors Ambattur, Chennai for upgrading my AC unit for my 1.2 Active GP. I am in a dilemma whether to do it or not. Though i would luv to have the extra cooling in summer, i do not want to hamper the performance or get in to any other complexity. I am getting a mixed feeling following this thread.

I called the CRO of Ambattur Concorde and he told that they are going to replace the fan unit of the AC and the noice inside would be little high.

Can anyone especially who have fitted from Ambattur Concorde motors give a honest feed back .. is it worth the risk ?
  4. AnilGowda

AnilGowda

Hey Dilip Thanks for your reply.

I have to tolerate this huge noise every single time I get into car :steering , so it is a bit tough for me.
    I dont know how other fiat users take this but for me it is not something which I can adjust with.

I would not want to compromise :sadblue on fan_noise/ac , I will talk to FIAT about the solution you have posted, but not sure to what extent the sound absorber will absorb the sound.

Thanks for your response.
  5. AnilGowda

AnilGowda

I got the new AC fitted from Concorde Bangalore (Mysore road), If I knew, new fan would make such noise I would have definitely not gone ahead with AC replacement , again its your call, talk to few people from your local area who have got this new AC fiiting done, understand how new AC is performing and only then go head.

Take your time and take a call.

This is my personal view.
  6. satchn

satchn

Chennai
    Thanks a lot Anil. I am trying to get in touch with a member who has fitter in Ambattur, Concorde. Will decide based on his feedback. Also planning to go Concorde and check on any of upgraded Punto , if they have one.
  7. I upgraded my 1.2's A/C from Concorde ECR. They are yet to flash my ECU. I have not faced any major problem or inconvenience because of this upgrade. I am not driving much after upgrade, so I can not give a proper feedback.

After the upgrade, run the car for few minutes with A/C on and check the coolant level. Ask them to top-it up if the level went down. i noticed the coolant level only after one week. So I have to return back to service center to top-up.

Let me know if they flashed your ECU. I need to visit them shortly for ECU flashing.
  8. AnilGowda

AnilGowda

Hi.. What do you mean by ECU flasing ?? ::O

Thanks
  9. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Been contacted by Pandit Auto for the AC upgrade.

Had sent an email to Fiat to confirm if my car was eligible for the upgrade and they did promptly revert back with an update.

Being an erstwthile BUB,Pune customer they sent the complaint to Pandit Auto. +1 to that.

Pandit Auto calls back same day on my new number which i had mentioned in the email. +2 to that ( i find joys in small things :dancing, there was no way for me to update my old contact number in tata records. )

The upgrade should be available at Pandit in 8-10 days and they will call me back.

Awaiting that call now.

Pl. keep posting the experience on the noise levels, it seems the jury is still out on the acceptable noise levels
  10. satchn

satchn

Chennai
    Thanks for the feedback. I am planning to go to Ambattur Concorde today. CRM has promised me to show a Punto which has been upgraded with the new AC. I will also check with them on ECU flashing. Will keep you guys posted.