1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    You mean this

Well even I noticed the same and so did J Ravi (another tfian). I did drop a mail to top heads at FIAT, but got no reply :( And obivously SA and no clues ..

Check my post here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=890&start=100#p25963
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I had a talk with the SA regarding this and he mentioned that AC Condenser is same for all petrol vehicles.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Yups condenser is same for all variants of linea petrol, but not the ac condenser kit, it differs for linea and punto and also it differs for emotion pack and regular version. When i say kit, it comes with various other plastic parts that ensure proper air flow to condenser.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Today (Monday), (After Saturday's upgrade) the AC was tested this way - The car was parked in the Sun for 5 hours, at about 4.30pm, took the car out of office and had one of my colleague to join me as we had to visit hospital.
    Asked his feedback, he said its sufficiently cooling and he actually asked me to raise the temp.

So, i feel its alright now and the upgrade of AC kit has retained the cooling power and I might have just jumped into a conclusion before allowing the vehicle to stabilize.. Any AC / Refrigerator would take some time to cool adequately as the refrigerant needs to circulate inside the piping and my initial run from the Garage (TASS) was just 7-8 kms and it may not be a sufficient run.

Simply put : Go for the Upgrade, the following will happen, Smooth Vehicle, 4th Gear has good power, less gear shifts
    I havent noticed any increase in noise levels outside or inside, its the same.

Also, previously, the fan used to run even after switching the engine, now its not happening, so the engine is getting cooled adequately (?)

Others, please add your views.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    After 10 days of upgrade and 600 kms long drive to Surat, coolant level is still 1 inch above max level. ;)
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: Re: Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Correct me if I m wrong, but the Coolant level should not be above Max.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Yups it should never be above max, as due to heat the coolant expands and it needs space in the container. Over filled coolant can make a burst in the well too. Its never recommended to over fill it.
  8. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    AC upgrade for my Nov'2009 Punto 1.4 Emo. Pk is due and registered a complaint to Fiat India for non-availability of AC kits. I got a SMS from Tata Motors to contact CRO but he is unaware of this whole issue and told me to wait. :mrgreen:
  9. AnilGowda

AnilGowda

Hi guys

I got my Punto's AC upgraded in Concorde Motors, Mysore road ,Bangalore, and I am not happy with fan noise since then :cry: .

Post AC upgrade, AC perfomance has increased but fan is making lot of noise and the noise is not within limits, Also i can feel the vibration inside car.
    Even if all windows are closed and if music is playing, I can still hear the noise and feel the vibration.
    This terrible noise is not consistent, noise level goes down for few mins and again noise level picks up drastically and noise is unbearable :sadblue .

I had raised 2 complaints with FIAT regarding Noise level being high , but Concorde guys have closed the complaints without checking properly and saying noise level has increased in all the AC upgraded vehicles and noise level in my Punto is normal compared to other vehicles of same variant.

Second complaint was closed in a day even without checking the car. Some guy called me up , he gave some explanation and he has closed the compliant, he never listed to the complaint and he was in a hurry to close the complaint.

I am really irritated with Concorde motors attitude and I am not happy driving Punto :car with such terrible noise.

I have seen posts in this forum saying ....

1. Noise level is same as pre AC upgrade.
    2. Noise level has slightly increased but it is bearable, if you close windows you wont hear the noise.
    3. Noise level has increased significantly.

Guys suggest me on what to do now, I am really really not happy driving car with such noise.

Please advise me on what I should do now. :anyone
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If service folks have closed your complaint without addressing it, I suggest you escalate it to the next level. You should get a call from TATA and FIAT in 3-4 days of service seeking your feedback on the quality of service. You may tell them that your issue is not addressed and also provide details.