1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ha ha ha. Even NA engine like mine shows power improvement.

After 3 days of upgrade coolant level in my Linea Was 1 inch above min level smart TASC.
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Even m feeling slightly better pickup after the ac upgrade..car is smoothly pulling now..and cooling is better than before..only thing is the fan noise is bit on the higher side..but keep ur windows rolled up and u can bare it for sure...ya they drain off the coolant and later top up just a lil above the max mark FOC..
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Just an update : After retro kit fitment and ECU Flash, the mileage of your car will decrease a bit when running with AC on. The reason is that the AC Compressor timing is altered as a part of ECU Flash and new kit being more powerful, the AC compressor runs for longer durations before auto-off, resulting in decrease in mileage
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @shashan: Nopes there has not been a dip in mileage, ECU have been updated for power delivery too ensuring that it still delivers good mileage.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Coolant level in my punto was almost empty within 30 kms after AC upgrade. I had asked the service advisor about the coolant issue when taking the car after upgrade. He assured me that it happens because incorrect fixing of the AC system. But, the next day I checked coolant level, it had almost drained and I was lucky enough to check it then. I took the car to Concorde and they topped it up free of cost. Their explanation was this: When they upgrade the AC system, entire coolant is emptied. As a result when you start the AC again, the coolant in the tank goes and fills the pipes that were drained, and the level in the tank goes down. This sounds logical. I have covered about 250 kms after topping up didn't find the issue again.
    My suggestion: Before you take delivery after AC uprade, run the AC for 10-15 minutes and then check the coolant level. Or even drive say, 10 kms with AC on full time and check the coolant level.
  6. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

Could not update the earlier thread due to lack of connectivity either from home or from work for the past few days.
    My GP again had a (long) visit to Concorde Ambathur as I had again started feeling the clutch getting harder day by day. And I started hearing the creaking sound again from the clutch when it is pressed in a less noisy environment, (not while running). So decided to give the car to TASS again. It was just in time because, the lady from TASS had called to ask about the feedback about the visit that was done during the previous week- I had given a not so good feedback due to the delay that had happened. Again the CRO had called about the same, the next day. It was during the same day that i started hearing the clutch noise. So, I told about the issue and told will bring the car again.
    After this visit (again it was stretched due to various issues; It took them 4 days !!) I feel the clutch is very good. Seriously, touch wood !!! Since the last time also I felt the clutch feel was good. But it went off soon in a matter of a week or so. So, This time I would surely wait to give the final result. But some how, I feel that this time it is far better. The supervisor updated that they had replaced full clutch kit (unlike earlier) except for the slave cylinder (that was replaced as retro earlier). The same person came for the test drive after the repair, along with me and explained me everything, which very well clarified most of my doubts.
    The a/c kit replacment that was done during the previous work is still working GREAT. Cooling is good and above expectations even in hotter conditions, when I wanted to really test it.
  7. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    I have booked an appointment for AC upgrade at Pandit Motors, Akurdi. Even I'm confused regarding the retrofit. I have spoken to SA from Pandit & Bharti Automobiles, Mumbai. Both of them advised me to go for it as it is a complete change of the AC components & some of the components have been redesigned.

On checking the AC condenser, I noticed a sticker saying "1.2 Active" whereas I own a 1.4 EP Petrol. I doubt if FIAT had goofed up the AC unit installation with 1.2 & that is why they are changing the AC unit of all petrol vehicles sold before Dec 2009. If so, they may face a huge legal penalty & they are avoiding it by taking precautionary measures by replacing the AC unit. Will confirm it from the service advisor.

I hope my fears are untrue & in that case it's a great gesture by FIAt guys
  8. Lineaman

Lineaman

Bangalore
    AC improvement process

Last week I received a SMS indicating that Fiat has started "AC Improvement process". I was requested to contact nearest dealer to get the improvement done on FOC. I contacted Fiat toll free number (18002095556) and was told that this will be a free service to change the radiator which will improve cooling efficiency.

I was wondering if anyone else receive such message?

I called up Prerana motors they said it will take half a day.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: AC improvement process

Yes, the AC upgradation process has been started by FIAT and many of us have gone through it. You can read further at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=890

In future kindly search the forum, there are good chances of having the thread with similar topic.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: AC improvement process

+1.

Thread Merged.