1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: SMS from Tata Motors

MODS NOTE: Threads merged.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So, to summarize, I think it is not worth getting the AC replaced as of now. :confused
    I see most of the members come back with new AC kits without "significant" improvements and niggles in getting the new AC kit fitted.
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I have my ac upgrade scheduled in the coming week.

Now, Ian getting mixed reactions from all of you. Is it really not with it?

Btw, I want to go for it. Just need to be very sure its not going to cause more pain than gain.

I have read few people even claim that there is improvement in power. And some claim that the noise is unbearable to some claiming that the cooling is worse now:-$

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    There is definitely more power after the AC upgrade. The fan noise is a little higher when window glass is lowered, but not unbearable.Wwhen windows are closed it's almost the same as it was before AC upgrade. You will feel that more when you stop the car and windows are open.
    And AC performance is much better now.
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Agreed to the above, actually my car has done only 2000kms till date and Yesterday's AC upgrade does have some difference.

Now i want to edit my earlier post on AC Upgrade hasnt done much difference, today I took the car for a round around city, with outside temperature hoering 27-29degrees, inside i had set it to 21.5degrees, the AC was cooling adequately.

So, i believe things are fine :confused

I will do the test tomorrow and see f there would be any difference, also i will get the clutch sleeve cylinder replaced tomorrow and update how it goes.
  6. Vikram

Vikram

New Delhi
    Got my Ac upgrade done last week.

Ac power has increased significantly, its much much better now.

But there is slight increase in noise n vibration especially while idle ling. :traffic

But nothing significat to worry about, i would recommend for the upgrade especially with the summer fast approcahing
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    @Fastlove. It is worth it to go for the upgrade. Since the fan size is bigger, volume of air is more. No issue of higher noise. Be careful to check your coolant level after upgrade. I don't know the process, but coolant gets drained due to upgrade. There is definitely better power management in the drive too.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yups, it seems that new AC system is drinking away the coolant, i know 4 guys who have reported the coolant level droping below min within 15 -20kms of AC run after the upgrade. Even my car has coolant level below min position. I have reported the same to SA and asked for Topup, not sure if it would be covered under warranty or not.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    FastLove

Do it. Its worth every penny that u have not spent :). Not only AC cooling is much much better the power in 1st two gears seems to have increased.

Nope. I felt significant improvement in AC cooling as well as power.
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    @kapil @vahan. sure mate. Will do it . Next week, it should be...:)

And btw the ecu remapping must have something to do with the power increase. I feel.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk