1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

I had asked about the coolant issues someone had raised on this forum(coolant drying up faster after AC upgradation). The service advisor says it is because of incorrect/improper fixing of the AC system. I am not too sure about this, I should probably check after running a few kms.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore

In Jaipur we have 2 tata-fiat dealer and both of them are having some issues with the ECU mapping, they are in touch with Fiat Italy to get this corrected and hence the work is on hold for me.. I had left a feedback on Fiat India forum when they announced the AC Upgrade and our dealer didnt knew !! Hence, Tata has assigned my case to the customer service manager for TATA-Fiat in Jaipur and that chap is in regular touch with me.

Has anyone come across this yet?
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

@Cubbie: They dont need any kind of help from Fiat Italy. FIAT has technician appointed for each zone, who travels around and helps the teams at various services centers in his zone. I have meet the person who is responsible for giving technical support for Jaipur. He is also responsible for training the technicians for AC upgrade and ECU mapping.

If your local team is unable to resolve the issues, drop a mail to Mangesh and he will send across the technical expert to Jaipur. For contact details see the "FIAT Contact Details" Thread.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Viny,

Since you've already done AC upgrade, did you witness any change in engine/ pick up / or any other such characteristics which might get impacted due to ECU flash.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

VahanPujari: I feel the engine / fan noise has increased a bit, pick up gets affected marginally if you are keeping it at 16C in a hot afternoon. Cooling is awesome, i didnt experience the same during the first few days of installation. But now that pollen filter is replaced by mess filter, the amount of air thrown in has increased and thus cooling too.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Actually for me, I feel the engine/fan noise has reduced after the upgrade.
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Retro Kit upgrade Report:

• Noise inside the cabin is more or less the same, but yes from outside you hear a little more noise due to bigger fan.
      Cooling is improved a lot and it is chilling at fan speed 2 (mine is manual AC)
      The pick up is more or less the same even after the ECU upgrade but the engine response has improved and the car is a lot more responsive at lower RPM's
      I haven't noticed any change in the mileage after the ECU flash (checked twice tankful to tankful method)
    • The air is a lot cooler and the time taken is a lot less for the cabin to get cooled. I checked it by parking the car in Hyderabad hot sun for 3 hours and then started the AC on fan speed 2, car was chilling in 12 minutes... Temp inside the cabin was 24 degree Celsius.
    • Coolant consumption is reduced on using the hot blower and this is due to the bigger fan. Checked it after using hot blower for 20 minutes ( i was sweating like anything)

Conclusion: FIAT has done a really good job by designing and providing this kit. The Retro upgrade results in the better cooling for sure.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Got the AC upgrade done in my Linea. Its amazing. Shall share the details tonight after the match.

EDIT: Have updated AC upgrade details here...Page 27 of this topic -->> Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i got the ac updated at ahemadabad aspi motors. since i was on a tour and ahmdbd was on route i made a point to get the ac kit fitted there as they handle much more lineas than speedwell motors rajkot. took the appointment and they told me it will take around hours. since i never had much problem with the ac before i dont find any major improvement in the cooling. will see how it works in the coming summers. but what i like the most is that the engine kicks in more punch at lower rpms than before. this is because of the ECU flash. petrol lineas had a typical tendency of delivering power after 2000 rpms like turbo. it was really dull under 2000 rpms. but now the punch comes from around 1800 rpms and much drivable even below it. so whether better cooling or not, definitely better drive.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I just checked the coolant level today, surprised to see that it has almost completely dried up within just 40 kms. My service advisor told me to take the car there to check if there is anything wrong. Dont know whether this is a one time thing.