1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

Honda City....
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Is this upgrade only for petrol? Or can MJD owners, too, get it updated?

Any idea about the cost for this upgrade?

P.S.- My friend owns ANHC and 10/10 times, his first comment after sitting in my MJD is that the AC cooling is good (pollen filter isn't supposed to be clogged with just 600Km on the Odo of course or may be he compliments just to make me happy). Does ANHC have poor AC cooling as well?
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

No ANHC has very good cooling.
    AC of MJD is already good and I believe this is just for petrol models. Infact when I took the TD of linea MJD everyone from my family was saying that AC is very very good. Only thing I hate in present AC is blower noise at full blower speed.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Any update on this? Diwali is over now :mrgreen: .
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Will they be fitting it FOC? :mrgreen:
    I don't have a variable geometry turbocharger but I can satisfy myself with a Variable compressor. ::V
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Gosh, I waiting for this to get fixed, had a horrible summer in western and nothern India. I have 1.4 EPK Black and it never cooled with 4 persons on board during summer, for that matter even during other months. I have been in and out at TASS for same, FIAT did ECU replacement for me Sept along with some aluminum foil covering on AC pipes, but that is still far away from what I would consider as a proper solution to cooling.

Could someone take a word from FIAT officials in regard to same, because my dealer would never agree on this kind of replacements, he is from MARS and never has any kind of updates. I have to follow up FIAT and then get the things pushed on to him. You know what they could not do ECU remap as suggested by FIAT for 1 month (for 3 days they kept saying me that they are downloading the updates), hence FIAT sent across a new ECU for replacement which was programed already. And the guys at service center made a big mess in installing that and getting it started. It was horrible experience, the No body had any idea about how to operated that OBD II Scanning tool that they had and it was like a big jugad, they clicked where ever they could and waited for miracle to happen. After 2 hrs of all sort of jugards with no clue and no reasoning on actions, car came to life and that was like "Eureka", its done you can have your car :p ..
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai

Please share the name of the dealer Viny. It will help other members too.

I too am waiting for this AC update dearly. I've checked up with Fortune Thane for the ECU update but till this date they do not have any information. :A
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

Fortune motors thane never have any idea about anything.They are really dumb in terms of any update by the manufacturer.When i had asked them about fiat's silent recall for the clutch slave cylinder.All i got an answer was "no sir there is no such thing,if u have any proof of such then get it along with u and we wil check it". I was dumbstruck at this and contacted Galaxy motors mulund and was glad that they atleast had some idea about the recall.I got my work done from galaxy.Guys from mulund,bhandup and thane can give their cars to galaxy for servicing.Im too waiting for the AC update.Any idea when it would be carried out?? Anyone done it??
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

According to Fiat official , we'll get communication soon.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Did anyone ever got any "Fiat Official communication" ???
    Along with official communication we also need official spare parts and official person to render the services :(