1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

Just now, I received a telephone call from Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore, informing me that AC upgradation kit for Linea 1.4 got exhausted and they would inform me as soon as they get it by next week. So, my Linea won't be going there tomorrow. :sadblue I am happy that Concorde Motors was courteous enough to inform me in advance.
  2. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

@shashank my car is march 2010 make.That means i have to wait for quite sometime. Mera number kab ayega? ::O
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

So the AC cooling problem is only with the petrol model.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

Yes... If you see the parts replaced are actually already present in Diesel variants..... Diesel cars already have bigger radiators and padded pipes... Even the engineer from FIAT Pune who was there for inspection of Retro kits upgrade told me that the new Petrol Retro kit is designed keeping in mind the diesel vehicle AC Cooling and Radiator.... FIAT's target was to reach the same cooling level in petrol cars too........ My exp. till now says that they have reached to that level :clap ... It cools the car cabin now... :dance
  5. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai

My car's a/c is not cooling. the temperature was 35 outside and when I sat in the car for 1 hr, even though the temperature on the panel was showing 34.
    I was feeling very hot :firey . It was happened today afternoon. I immediately called Wasan motors, they gave me an appointment on 14/02/11 10.00 am.
    lets see what will happen. Anybody has faced this problem in 1.3 Linea?

I drove my car on 300 kms. Its a 2011 Mfg Model
    I don't know whats wrong with fiat? :A
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

My cooling is quite good no prob. My car is 2009 model done 47000 Kms
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Buddy, which model you own. Replace Fiat Enthu by model from your sign.
  8. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai

Mine is 1.3 Linea diesel Em. Pk
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4

They say the AC upgrade is only available for Punto 1.4 manufactured before Aug2010.
    I got my AC and clutch slave cylinder replaced(upgraded) at Concorde motors, Diary Circle, Bangalore yesterday. They took two days. Mine is Aug 2009 Model and has done 13000 km. I can feel a big difference in the AC's performance. Gearshifting has become smoother after CSC replacement. :cool:
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

I have a feeling that, apart from AC performance, this upgrade would also make a diffrence in car's functioning as the ECU is flashed with Italy server. Service Manager mentioned "its like changing the heart of the car".

Let's see. I'll get the car back today evening.