1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

Visit three times.... I am surely gonna ask for coolant bottle to top it up on my own to avoid multiple trips...

I got the AC Gas re-charged and using the AC regularly with good effectiveness.... I am still to get the ECU flash done but the SA said since the AC is working fine means my ECU is in sync with new AC Retro kit... Still for double check i am planning to get the ECU Flashed for updates (if any)
  2. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

Shashank did you get a call for this AC fix or you went and asked yourselves. I am yet to get a call from anyone hence asking this
  3. shashanknathani

Pune

I reached to FIAT India and then received a mail from Malik cars.... My upgrade was a long story.... FIAT mailed me to get it done at Concorde and i gave my car to Concorde guys for small accident wok and retro upgrade... they kept the car with them for 9 days for small work and SA told me over phone that car is ready and AC upgrade is done... When i reached there "Paint work was completed, rubbing was pending and they have not even opened my bonnet to check the AC". Had a talk with CRO there and he said "SORRY", thats it... I decided that by no chance i am giving my car to Concorde guys again.... even when i see the paint worrk closely, i see the new paint is wavy... :(

Then i received the mail from Malik cars and had a talk from Service Manager, Srinivas ( He is my frnd now)... They did the upgrade and gave the car back in just 6 hours... Awesome service... 10 on 10

Atul : Presently they have the list of cars that were manufactured in July and August 2009.... What is your car make month...
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Kick the balls out of your SA, What does he mean "ECU is in Sync with new AC Retro Kit", this is no jugad system, thats a software upgrade. If yours is a post June 2010 car, there are chances of having updated ECU. All it takes is connect the Examiner and verify the software version. Nothing more. Its not even 5 mins job.

A coolant bottle costs over 200rs, they would not give it free. And the it takes over 5 bottles to refill the entire coolant into the system.
    And generally most of the services centers add water when they say they have done coolant topups.
  5. shashanknathani

Pune

In that case, i will definitely get the ECU Flash done ASAP...
    About the collant i have myself topped it up with distilled water once to avoid one trip to TASC... planning to go over the weekend for the top-up. The SA itself told me that he will give me the coolant (2L) for free in a Pepsi bottle for the top-ups...
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

And why in pepsi bottle? Why cant he just hand over the regular bottle.
    I generally avoid mixing water into coolant, let coolant do its job what its meant for.
  7. shashanknathani

Pune

He will be pouring it from a 10L coolant bottle....If he gives the regular bottle then he has to make a bill for that ::D

Even i avoid putting distilled water but at times you are helpless... coolant level is below min and no time to visit TASC :(
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

10L coolant bottle? Can you get a pic of that bottle.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

I think my AC is cooling fine.Dont want to change just for the heck of it(wanna new AC system in the car i.e, greed) .A wise guy told me if everything is fine then why u want to get the electrical fiddled with.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

Varin: AC upgrades are meant for Petrol cars and not for diesel ones.