1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

Finally our GP is back home. All problems seen sorted out. This time, I feel the car is cared for too. Didn't find any reason for further complaint. :)
    A/c is performing better; would reserve further comments after feeling the change under hotter conditions in my daily commute period. The clutch feeling is marvelous now. back to good old days i should say- soft and even. I had left telling them to attend to the hanging rear left reflector. (it again got loose, even though during second service, ECR Concorde had glued it) The car was laying at the TASS for 11 days, they could have done the jugaad using araldite pro actively too ?
  2. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

I got my 2nd service and AC upgrade at Elegant Motors yesterday. They have changed the radiator which is heavy as compared to the previous one. Also, it has a bigger fan giving more inflow of air in the cabin. I am just waiting for the Delhi summers to check for the effectiveness. They were able to do it within 6 hours. AC upgrade as well as servicing.

Great job done by Elegant. Thanks to Mr. Sharma for taking care of all this. :clap
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

I got my AC Upgrade done over the weekend from Malik Cars after a horrible experience with Concorde Motors Hyderabad.... Gave the car at 11 in the morning on Saturday and got it back at 6 in the evening, same day from Malik cars... what a service... 10 on 10 to the guys...

Coming to the upgrade the AC feels good now... Summers have already started in Hyderabad (Day time)... the temp. is high outside and my AC is working a lot better... i am using it at blower speed = 2 and it is chilling now... even the air intake is increased due to the big radiator and i have not noticed any change in the mileage and a very unnoticeable change in noise inside the cabin due to bigger and new radiator fan....

Checked the coolant level today morning and it is a little on a lower side and i remembered the words of the SA that it might drink little more coolant initially for few days due to the new kit.... Have to visit again for coolant top up... i recommend others also to check the coolant level too (whoever got the upgrade done).

On a side note i met a guy from FIAT Factory Pune @ Malik cars and he was there to supervise all the upgrades... FIAT is just impressing me tooooooooooo much these days with its service....

Even FIAT is doing full fledged marketing of TJET and Punto MJD in Hyderabad at various malls....
  4. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

The coolant level dropped for mine as well. I have visited the service center two weeks back and topped it till max. Yesterday, I noticed that the coolant level is half way between min and max. Need to visit service center and check for leaks. Any one else experiencing the drastic reduction in coolant levels?
  5. shashanknathani

Pune

Did you got the upgrade done on your vehicle.... If yes.. then it is kinda normal and we need to top it up three to four times in quick intervals...
  6. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

I too noticed this.
    Just before giving the car for this retro, I had noted that coolant level is just above the max level - but forgot to point it to them.
    After I got delivery and came back home, I again checked for the coolant level, and I found it to be at the MIN mark, or just a tad below. Was wondering whether I should wait or report it and top it up in no time.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Just now, I booked with Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore, for AC upgradation for my Linea for 9 am slot on Friday. I was told that if I bring my Linea in the morning, it would be ready by 4 pm in the evening including AC upgradation and washing.
  8. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

Yes, it is after retro fitting. Let me top-up the coolant and see.
  9. shashanknathani

Pune

So this is happening with most of us... Coolant level going down... I added some distilled water today and will check again in the evening... I check yesterday for leakages and there aren't any.... I am wondering "Has FIAT created a new issue by resolving one"..
  10. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Even I faced "coolant level down " issue after the kit fittment and had to visit the workshop three times to refil ... Its okay now ... Explaination given : vaccum in the pipes ..
    Have you guys got the ac gas recharged ... I am still to do it and thinking to do it in March .

Dilip