1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: IMPORTANT - AC Kit Issue- Good Will Gesture

Mods, I just missed to note that a topic exists.. Please delete or merge this.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

I just called my dealer, they aren't aware of Fiat's acknowledgement to replace the AC Kit !! and offered to call back post verification.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore

Extract from News Paper...

31_01_2011_701_012.jpg
  4. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru

I checked with Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle) and they asked me to come next week to get the Fix the AC. Appointment taken for the 12th Feb (Valentine's Gift for my second love :dance ).
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

I own Linea 1.3 MJD. I feel The AC some times doesn't cool much specially when the temperature set is around 23-24 degree.Is the up gradation also for diesel models.any body has done so far and whats the review.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

@varin11
    Ac in MJD is good. AC working depends upon the temp set in ACC. If you set temp at 23-24 the AC cuts off at reaching those temp and if it's sunny outside you feel hot when AC cuts off and cool air stops blowing.
    Its just a matter of getting used to. We are used to cool air blowing all the time in other cars with manual AC so when ACC cuts off at desired temp and with the car temp increasing we feel uncomfortable.
    Sunfilms with high heat rejection will help in this case specially on the big front windscreen of Linea.
  7. nehamit

nehamit Timido

Ahmedabad

Hi! I wrote to Mr. Mangesh and here is the reply for MJD Linea owners:
    "Thank you for your communication, with regards to concerns referred, we understand your said car is Linea 1.3 MJD Diesel, please be informed, Diesel model does not require any AC upgrade, this applicable only on Petrol Version of Linea ."
    I have already written back regarding poor blower fan speed and grill design.
  8. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

My GP is still at Ambathur Concorde, at the 11th day !!
    Innumerable follow ups done and today it is expected to be delivered.
    The service advisor gave me so many wrong updates and I ended up telling them on 4th day, I don't want to have him interface me, or they may send the car back.
    Later the CRO has taken responsibility to have the car delivered with all repairs proper and he has been updating me regularly. The sound I was complaining of was diagnosed to be from part in the silencer, but not a leakage though.
    There was a problem identified with the A/c kit that they were to fit, and so few more days waiting became necessary. Fortunately they sourced it from some other dealer otherwise for the part to arrive from fiat would have taken longer. In between I had also wrote to Mangesh (and other 2 ids I found here) copying fiat service, and I got reply next day itself that it was followed up. There seems to have an effect too, since updates came regularly after that.
    Once the 3 complaints were updated to be addressed and test drive taken, it was updated yesterday that a crack was found in engine mounting. This could be a major one if not attended to immediately I believe, as it is a structural issue. They told it will take a day more for replacing it under warranty. One of the 3 mounting tracks for the engine is having this crack, I am told.
    Keeping my fingers crossed, as I should not find any other new issue popping up, with the car at the TASS for so many days!!
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

many Teamfiat members are pointing out that AC upgrade is only for petrol version.I own Linea MJD and was confirmed By Bharti Auto ,mumbai regarding my car Vin number is in the list for the AC upgrades.I had fixed the appointment for today but could not go as out of town.Bharati auto never told me that the upgrade is for the petrol version.In fact they pointed out that cars with particular Vin numbers are considered and my car can also eligible for the upgrade.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

varin may be some MJD batches also require it. If your cars VIN is in list do get the upgrade done.
    What is your VIN series (last three alphabets of VIN No.)
    Here is snapshot of in-cabin temp of my MJD with AC at lo setting after 10 mins. Temp at grill would be even low than this
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014