1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

since there was no news of the ac update in rajkot i had sent a mail yday and got a call back within 2 hours from ahemadabad. he said that the update will begin in rajkot after the second week of feb as fiat is short of kits, but also told me that in the mean time if you are planning to come to ahemadabad you can get it done at ASPI MOTORS and it will take a day. i was in no hurry to get it done but just wanted a word from fiat.
    good to see quick response from fiat.
  2. arun25

arun25

Mumbai

Thank you capt_slow. I ll try my luck at bharati auto.
  3. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

Anyone knows if the T-Jet also needs this fix for faulty AC's ?
    I think most of the T-Jet will be Oct'10 manufactured. Did anyone make inquiries about it ?
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

T-JETs were the first FIAT machines to get this upgrade right inside the factory. Of all the FIAT cars in India at present, T-JET has the strongest AC with a variable motor and bigger radiator etc. Its the VGT of AC. :)
  5. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy

Friends, has there been any issue / replacement of the gears of the MJD Linea in the recent past? Mine is a Nov 2010 model. Is it applicable for me?
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I haven't heard about gears (gearbox) being changed. Do you have any issues with the gears/gearbox?
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

Called up Fiat customer care....even they are not sure about T-jet's Ac replacement.

Waiting for a call from Dealership now.......
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Fiat's customer care need better training and information.

As Paddleshifter told, T-Jet is designed with new AC system and no need for any replacement. Actually, I read T-Jet's AC is one of the most powerful AC in its segment.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

There's a news about Fiat AC Update in today's HT with a beautiful pic of Linea
    Petrol Cars manufactured in Oct 2010 and after doesn't need AC Update.
    Only Petrol Cars manufactured before Oct 2010 need AC replacement
    @saudgas
    Did you mean if AC Update is applicable to MJD? (It's only for petrol cars)
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    IMPORTANT - AC Kit Issue- Good Will Gesture

Yesterday I read a report in Hindustan Times that Fiat is replacing AC Kit for Petrol Linea's and Punto's in North /Western India.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed ... 56577.aspx

Reacting to consumer complaints of insufficient cooling, Italian carmaker Fiat has started replacing air conditioning kits in the petrol-powered variants of its small car Grande Punto and the sedan based on it — the Linea. But it says the act is not really a recall for repairs. Fiat started the process, under which customers are being contacted by its dealerships and offered the replacements free of cost, in October 2010. The drill is expected to complete by March 2011. The company told Hindustan Times that this does not amount to a “recall” and is merely a goodwill gesture to redress a consumer complaint.
    The Turin-based firm has already replaced the old AC kits with the new one at its Ranjandgaon plant in October so the cars produced since then come with the new ACs fitted.

“This is a goodwill gesture on our part where we are acting proactively to a minor issue we felt in the air conditioning system of all petrol powered Punto and Linea,” said the Fiat India spokesperson.

“We received complaints mostly from the north and some western parts of the country that the ACs were not cooling the cabin adequately in temperatures of over 40 degrees. Hence all those customers in those regions are being contacted individually and offered this free of cost upgrade.”

The exercise does not cover diesel power-train vehicles as Fiat says it has not received any complaint on them. The firm also did not divulge details of the number of cars where such an upgrade has been affected.

Until the end of September 2010, Fiat had sold around 21,000 units of the Linea and 20,000 units of the Punto. Around half of them were of the petrol variant, which may be covered in the current exercise.

In October 2010, HT had reported that Fiat was facing complaints on poor performance of the ACs in the two cars. The company had, however, then refused to respond to the queries.

Though no carmaker officially recalls its vehicles in India due to the lack of compelling regulations, car companies such as Maruti Suzuki, Honda Siel and Toyota replaced parts in their cars last year in a method similar to what Fiat is doing now.

31_01_11_business1a.jpg