1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

some pics of linea with the door visors pls
  2. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi

lip spoiler available for around 4000 bucks....its a bit bigger ones than the one in the pic....its the same one which comes in T-jet...will post visor picks soon
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

#

lol i have the T-Jet spoiler on my Jet, but i thought u were saying about a new design when u mentioned a 'lip spoiler'
  4. Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

I have left my GP today morning at ambathur Concorde for ac retro fitment + hard clutch complaint. Also I have some sound coming from bottom seemingly a leak from silencer pipe as found by mechanic sent by fiat RSA.
    Keeping my fingers crossed reg whether I will get delivery as promised by tomorrow evening. If not , due to republic holiday and so also my half day schedule for Thursday( I wil be travelling out of chennai by thurs noon) I may have my baby stuck at the TASS for more days- enuf to give me nightmares!!

Want to know how I will I be able to exactly gauge the Ac effectiveness. I used to be feeling almost ok at front but wifee used to complaint about being not so comfortable at the rear seat.
    Also reg Clutch, how soft is it to become? I really forgot how soft was it during my initial period. Btw, do they do any thing like reducing the long play of clutch  while rectifying such a complaint? I understand some of folks in the forum had had this repair before?
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

For the softness of the clutch it would be best if you can drive another Punto.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

You can't change the long clutch travel. Because Clutch is hydraulic . Self Adjustable.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Got my car back today after ACC upgrade. Entirely happy with the entire episode. I had initiated the process by writing at Fiat site. Got a reply from Mangesh Koladkar who requested me to be patient. After his mail, got a call from works manager at concorde within three days.

Car was picked up on 24 Jan morning by driver (no charges) and delivered today evening by driver. The car was well washed and well cleaned from inside. Found ACC to be satisfactory.

It will take a few days to evaluate the performance.

Total charges: Zilch.
  8. capt_slow

capt_slow

Mumbai

Got my car back after the ACC upgrade . I don't perceive a significant improvement in the performance of the unit ( i did'nt have a huge grouse regarding the cooling prior also ; went for the upgrade keeping in mind that summer is approaching soon).However i just noticed that my fog lamps have stopped working . I know that front bumper has to uninstalled to perform the ACC upgrade ,Could it be possible that the service center forgot to plug in the fog lamp wiring after the ACC upgrade job ?
  9. Nanu72

Nanu72

Pune

Got an appointment with Pandit Auto for my second service on 31st. Based on the inputs above , I believe the ACC upgrade should happen. Thanks for all the inputs above, I would instruct those guys at TASS to deal with my car in a diligent manner.

Does it really take 2 days to do the ACC upgrade?
  10. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad

2nd servicing + AC upgrade takes two days. I did the same thing , gave the car for its 2nd service and got the AC upgrade as well. The AC feels much better now , but only time will tell if it stands up to the Indian summers.