1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade AC in Petrol Linea and Punto!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Arun1100, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto!!

Well neither FIAT nor SANTA baba helped on this, the new kit was sent for Linea Emotion Pack, properly marked but when they checked the parts inside the kit, they found that it was for Punto Emotion pack and not Linea Emotion Pack :(

Now if this kind of mess is done at factory level then I have now words to say about FIAT. Thankfully, the FLYING doctor was very smart and found this issue. Otherwise the dealers service guys would have installed the kit as its hard to differentiate between Linea and punto kit, only the air intake size has difference.

Awaiting for next kit arrive, i hope it comes up soon and has correct parts. I think it would take one more week minimum. :(
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

Updates ::

Finally after a long tussles of mails, phones and pushing and pushing around the BlueDart/DHL, Finally new replacement kit has arrived.
    This all started on 6th Dec and now I have an appointment to get it done on 5th Jan.
    Lets see how it goes this time
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

Guys ive got the update on the Dec29th itself and trust me the AC is really effective now ::T
    Even on 22degrees it chills like 18 or 19.I've got the AC kit upgrade pics which i'l upload soon.
  4. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota

my car's manu date is oct 2010, will it also need the ac upgradation? how am i goin 2 find it?
  5. capt_slow

capt_slow

Mumbai

good for you aaron :) .since you are based in mumbai can you please let me know the service center that performed your acc replacement . I just found out from the Service Advisor at a Tata Fiat Dealer that my Linea is also eligible for the upgrade and hence wanted to know the service centers which are competent to carry this execercise
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hopefully not, but get it confirmed from your service center.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

hey capt_slow,

I got my a/c update from Fortune Sakinaka.You can call up Mr.Ashish Bhatt who is the works manager and take an appointment.His number is 9223327260.Also note that if u drop ur car they will take 2days to work on it.One day for installation/flashing the ecu and the other day for complete testing.
  8. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota

i called the service person nd he said that all cars manufactured after june comes with the prefitted new version of ac. Is it true? Is there any way i can confirm if my car requires the new version of ac directly from fiat? :anyone
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

arka_prava: Yes all the cars manufactured after june/july 2010 comes with new AC Kit. Still if you want to get the confirmation, drop a mail to fiat support with your car Chasis number and engine number, they will confirm it further.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Viny, how is your Linea's ACC after replacement with the new kit? I am eagerly waiting for your detailed report.