1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT to supply its multijet engines to Maruti, Now to Premier also

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by nkrishnap, Aug 18, 2011.

?

Should Fiat Supply its multijet engines to Maruti

1. Yes

51.8%
  2. No

48.2%
  1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    FIAT and Maruti Extend Engine supply agreement.

[SUP]Not sure whether this agreement will hold good for three long years. I am sure this can be cut short when Suzuki's own engines replace the engine bay's of suzuki cars. Also not mentioned whether there will a supply of any other variant of engine such as Multijet II etc.[/SUP]

Maruti and Fiat India extend diesel engine agreement
  2. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    atleast fiat-india will have some profit if not by their cars...btw this article must be printed on the front page of newpapers to educate people about fiat...
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat shud make it mandatory to have the Stickers on Other Cars saying (Powered by FIAT)
  4. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Yes, Fiat should definitely sell their engines to Whosoever wants them. After all its a business strategy. But it is a high time that they start advertising this as a FEAT. I dont know may be there might be some clause where fiat cannot advertise but the norms have to modified if required.
  5. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    no

IMO it won't affect general customers. Indian customers while buying car see car as entire package by three factors average,resale,service and neighbor/cousin's opinion!. It really doesn't matter to them what goes under the hood. Dell Laptops are very popular but Dell doesn't manufacture most of those stuff. They do excellent assembly and give perfect 24x7 support most of the time.
  6. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure on the partnership. Good if Fiat survives
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The VW stake in under arbitration, and a cecision is due by the end of the year. I am betting that FiatChrysler will buy VW's 19% share if the the arbitration goes Suzuki's way. Am basing this on the repeated claims by FiatChrysler people that they are interested in partnering with the smaller Jap firms in Asia. They already have joint projects with Mazda and Mitsubishi. Moreover, the Japanese business press has apparently of late been talking about FiatChrysler buying a big stake in Suzuki, only pending the arbitration award.
    2 people like this.
  9. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Good, if the deal went through. But, I didn't like the idea of cars rebadged as a Suzuki in India instead of a FIAT. I want the FIAT badge in my car and not a 'S'. To me FIAT feels more upmarket and premium than a Suzuki.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Well, it will be a win-win for both, Fiat as well as Suzuki.
    Fiat India - we all know why.
    For Suzuki - I doubt apart from India, if they are major player in any other region. :confused: So good for them too, as fiat-chrysler is quite a big name.
    1 person likes this.