1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT to supply its multijet engines to Maruti, Now to Premier also

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by nkrishnap, Aug 18, 2011.

?

Should Fiat Supply its multijet engines to Maruti

1. Yes

51.8%
  2. No

48.2%
  1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Why, they can simply call it "The Premier Jet". On a side note, it might give a different character to the ubiquitous Mumbai taxi.
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    I will fully support the decision of FIAT to supply engines to Premier Rio. After all they are real brothers. So a younger brother is helping older brother to survive in his business in India. As a owner of Premier Padmini for more than 25 years ( And still in pristine condition) and owner of Fiat Linea for 2 years, I'll like to see more n more Premier Rios around with Fiat engine. It will give me double pleasure to see my old car brand/badge from outside and new car brand inside the bonnet.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  3. RIO is number 2 best selling car in Malaysia it used go by name Daihatsu Perduova Kempara, this model is now brought over by Toyota and they named it as Rush with minor changes.
    I traveled in it for good part of my stay in Malaysia it neither superior or inferior of may cars sold in India.
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Companies in big push for small diesel cars - Hindustan Times

Couple of weeks old news, but relevant I think.
    Hope FIAT launches the small diesel car before others do. My brother-in-law was comparing the prices of BEAT, Ritz, and Figo in Kerala, only to find that top-end versions of BEAT and Ritz have almost the same price. Dealers quoted 6.50L appx for both Ritz and BEAT, whereas Figo was quoted 6.95L. Was surprised with the price quoted for BEAT, which is just as big as Alto, or maybe a little bigger than it, with no competition in the diesel segment.
  5. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    instead he could go for punto active which is a much better deal than ritz zdi.

i convinced my brother in law and now he is a very happy fiat customer.........
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There is no Ritz ZDI. The top-end of Ritz is VDI with ABS. As you said, Punto Active is better bet than Ritz VDI.
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    instead he could go for punto active which is a much better deal than ritz zdi.

i convinced my brother in law and now he is a very happy fiat customer.........
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The new swift's top version has completely black dash. The active looks much better.
  9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    oh yes my bad,
    it vdi with abs
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    It's official, Premier and Fiat inked the agreement today.
    Announcements