1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to supply 1L engines per year to Maruti...

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by paritosh, Nov 29, 2011.

1. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
  2. Good atleast they will get some revenue...
  3. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    I read, Fiat to supply 1 litre engine to Maruti, my bad.
    Also, why did Maruti came to Fiat considering that GM had shares in Suzuki. Why didn't Suzuki go to GM for that? They don't have to pay loyalty right since this MJD was developed when Suzuki was partner with GM. Correct me if my question is naive.

Guru
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Good and bad news for us.Maruti is enjoying as usual.Always taking the cake away.FIAT when will u learn??
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat-India is just happy that they have big order with them, But at the same time they are sleeping when they have GEM with them, Come on FIAT-INDIA as you have made a deal atleast put the Stickers on all the cars that have your MJD that its Powered by FIAT.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am confused. Is GM a shareholder of Suzuki? To correct your statement, MJD was jointly developed by Fiat and GM. Suzuki is not in picture here. GM also is a owner of Multijet technology. But why didn't Maruti go to them? Because, GM don't have any facility in India to manufacture the Multijet engine.
  7. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    It would be unlikely, but "powered by Fiat" sounds cool. :)

However i feel that fiat not matching the numbers by tata,MSIL, VW,GM or Hyundais actually serves me individually two purposes

->Maintains the exclusivity of the car. Its been 2 yrs and still a first timer passenger in the car is taken aback by the features and ride quality
    -> The After sales is still married with Tata stores, so you already have to jostle in space for the indicas and nanos of the world. Do you really want more waiting time?

Now if FIAT can survive comfortably by simply selling the engines, there is not much of incentive to really make their cars a fast selling item.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    So now Fiat will finally get to utilise the Ranjangaon plant capacity and go laughing all the way to the bank. But with it goes our hopes to have Fiat set its home right first (i.e. focus on its own portfolio). Guess will look at Maruti then in future. Sad!

People, GM sold its stake in Suzuki three years ago at the height of the slowdown. They needed the moolah to get a US govt bailout. That's why Suzuki can't go to GM now. They hooked with VW hoping it will give them access to decent small euro diesel engines. But that marriage hasn't worked and Suzuki has dragged VW to courts to get them to sell the stake back to Suzuki. Enjoy!
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  9. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Sad news. Straight way FIAT car's population is reduced by 1 L /year.
  10. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    within 6 months or so u will see another news which reads as follows " fiat to supply its sub 1000 cc three cylinder diesel engines to maruti , to power its wagon r , eco,omni, estillo, a-star." yes thats the very reason fiat is postponing its small car launch.