1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT to launch sportier Punto in July.

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by M_V, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yup its 16th July.. also checked it at zigwheels... Reviews state its peppier that the MJD..
  2. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Guys, Sidindica from TBHP has driven GP VGT..!!

Here is the link for the same http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-driv ... 90-hp.html

He states that the Plastic Quality of the Interior & the Fit & Finish Issues have not been looked upon, and he has posted the pictures of the Fit & Finish also :cry:
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Buddy drive yourself and see what is good or bad. These, so called experts, are nothing but rubbish. Though i have great respect of sidindia for his writing skills, i just don't get how these guys become so expert test drivers.
    You know, even Alto/Santro drivers will easily say you Punto/Linea is sluggish, bad plastics etc.etc.
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    t-bhp review is a total rubbish and biased one. the guy didnt like anything in the car except handling. he only likes i20, which is totally sluggish and is driveable only above 2000 rpm. he wants Punto to behave like a M800. i think Punto 90 is going to be a very good car . its horses need to be tapped on a highway and not in a crowded street. and Fiat india knows very well how to tune their cars, coz their engine lasts maximum and have least service intervals.
  5. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Yup, agree with you Guys, i too found the review to be blatantly biased, and for God Sake dont call Sidindica as an Expert :)

He went to state saying Jazz is also good than the Punto VGT, this was hillarious :lol: I would rather Trust anyone of our forum members to post the review.
  6. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    I was disappointed after reading the review. Performance is something we can gauge only after driving ourselves. Looks like it's a better highway cruiser than FGT. The biggest drawback in FGT is the shorter 2'nd gear. I'm wondering if the taller 2'nd gear has made any difference in 90HP Punto.

Also, FIAT seems to have done little to improve interior fit and finish. The uneven panel gaps continue to be an eye sore. Is it such a big deal to fix it ?. This is irritating.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't know what to make of that review !! Amateur is what I would say.

Look at this for a contradiction:

Then immediately in the next para he says this :

Within a couple of lines the ride quality went from "superb" to "harsh" ?? :shocked
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i guess Punto FGT is adequate but Punto VGT shud be a gem of an engine with driveability good both in city and highways without sacrificing performance and mileage. i think Punto FGT will continue in only 2 models-active and dynamic. Emotion and Epk will have VGT engine without much change in price and that shud make it a real VFM car. and one last thing- mr. sid is definately not a expert.
  9. nav75

nav75 Amatore

Pune
    Test reports, in my view, are just how that person felt about that vehicle. Unless the person has enough experience(not just a couple of hours/days with the vehicle but a good long time spend, say from one service to next) with not just the vehicle he/she is testing but also all others vehicles he/she want to compare it with, the review is just not doing it for me.

Also how do the case will be handled that if the vehicle being tested is the worse/best sample of the lot?

And then the toughest part is being totally honest and not getting biased towards the vehicle of your choice, when comparing.

In short, just ride/drive the vehicle your self, ask the owners(unless its a brand new vehicle in market) about their experience(any day better than reading what someone with a few hours with the vehicle has to say) and make a decision.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have a feeling that the review in discussion is going to be taken off from the site !!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.