1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT to launch sportier Punto in July.

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by M_V, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto "Attractive" is already been named in some other country. It will not be called so here.
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    try chrome vinyl
  3. ntrack

ntrack

Mumbai
    How true Amit !... I dislike such sites who manufacture these news. :firey 90 hp is certainly not a volume driver for the co. Also most of these sites are still claiming the 90 HP to be launched with all the goodies shown at the Expo, when in reality it is not.
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you seen thispicture on teambhp. The rear tag line will attract some - :)
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys this is the same car i saw last week... i saw that 90BHP logo below emotion... Waaw... But no change on the exterior front though.. Just the 90BHP sticker dats all...
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The launch is getting closer. Any updates on the Punto 90bhp? A lot of people are expecting it to cost about 20K more then EP FGT MJD. I expect it to be at least 50K more.
  7. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    Eagerly waiting for this car since Jan 2010. Hope it retails around 7 lakhs or thereabouts. Anything more will burn my pockets though. Keeping my fingers crossed. Heard July 16 is d-day. Any idea?
  8. kunal

kunal

Gurgaon
    Its planned to be launched on 16 july 2010. The new 90hp engine is definitely smoother off the line than its 75hp variant, and the variable geometry on the turbocharger eases the initial turbo-lag as compared to the fixed geometry turbocharger (FGT) on the 75hp. Expect your overtaking manoeuvres in the cityscape to get a tiny bit quicker.

On the highway however, the 90hp outshines its smaller variant by a significant margin. Hit the pedal to the metal and the Punto will make you feel the new turbocharger kicking-in with a lot more punch. It doesn’t have the acceleration to send your eyeballs down your throat, but its 1.5-seconds quicker 0-100 km/h acceleration over the 75hp model, is enough to bang your head on the headrest every time you shift gears.

[attachment=0:2cyg935t]2010-Grande-Punto-90hp-India-VGT.jpg[/attachment:2cyg935t]

The 90hp engine will only be available on the ‘Emotion Pk’ variant as of now, which means that your car will come with the 195-section rubber as opposed to the 185-section tyres on the lower variants. The braking system by Galfer is top notch.The new car returned a fuel efficiency figure in the range of 16-17 kmpl which is better then older variant .

I hope Fiat comes with upgrade kit as an option for old Punto owners .

Source: Motoroids.com
    - Kunal

2010-Grande-Punto-90hp-India-VGT.jpg
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    From FGT to VGT, 20K sounds too less though thats what is desirable to push sales. If the increase is only 20K, then I guess Fiat will discontinue old 1.3 MJD FGT Emotion/ pk variants
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.