1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT to launch sportier Punto in July.

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by M_V, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Correct me if i am wrong, NOW PUNTO WILL COME WITH 4 ENGINE OPTIONS!!! :dance

Well, thats like catering to everyone's demands.... May be some day we'll even have the option of the 'EsseEsse' Kit as an add on. Afterall, its the same 1.4 engine (which produces 90 bhp here) that gives an astonsihing 180 bhp in the GP Abarth 'EsseEsse' in Europe and other international markets.

:eek:fftopic
    The only 4 pot which i respect more than this is the 2L present in the Evo X FQ400 giving more than 400 bhp.
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i wish i could exchange my BNWHite for the Sport...
  3. Courtesy : Wheels Unplugged dated 2/July/2010

Sagging sales force FIAT India to rollout a 90hp version of Grande Punto in July

It seems Fiat India is not able to follow the industry benchmark of sustained growth as its sales in the domestic market during June’10 dived by 12.2 per cent at 2,137 units, vis-à-vis 2,474 units in the same month last year. However, the Indian arm of the Italian automaker’s exports surged by 45.7 per cent to 137 units during the same month from 94 units in June’09. Its total sales declined by 11.5 per cent to 2,274 units from the 2,568 in the year-ago month.
    In order to revive its sales, Fiat India has lined up a series of rollouts and the first among them is the 90 hp Fiat Grande Punto Diesel, which was showcased at the 2010 Auto Expo in New Delhi.It is to be mentioned that the Punto Sport is sporting a 1.3-litre 90bhp multijet diesel engine which powers the Fiat Linea as well. To make it more appealing to the Indian youth, the car will also sport a funky electric sunroof, sporty upholstery, a rear spoiler, sport red decals, blacked-out headlamps, bigger tyres and dual colour interior leather seats. With these exciting add-ons, the user is sure to feel exhilarated and ready to take on the world, as claimed by the company. The car is estimated to be retailed at around Rs. 7 lakh and will co-exist with the existing range of Grande Punto models. It is widely believed that the the 90 bhp Fiat Punto could be priced slightly higher than the ordinary Punto and chances are highly likely that the it will offered in top-end ‘Emotion’ and ‘Emotion Pack’ variants.

When the official spokesperson of Fiat India was contacted by wheelsunplugged.com, he confirmed the development. He said, “We will launch the “Fiat Punto 90hp” in India during July. We will not call it Sports.”

It is to be mentioned that the Fiat Punto 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine came only with an ordinary turbocharger and produced 76 hp. Now Fiat would give an upgrade to Punto’s 1.3 liter Multi-jet engine by adding a VGT (Variable Geometry Turbocharger) from the Linea sedan. With the addition of the VGT, the Grande Punto’s power would be boosted to 90 hp and torque to 209 Nm. It is also expected that Fiat will slightly tweak the gearbox to bring down the tall gear ratios and induce some linearity in the gear ratios.
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys last afternoon i saw a MJD Emotion pk at Sion on a TC number.. It was a MH 12 vehicle which was not registered and was exactly a replica of mine.. Only difference i saw in it was i saw a 90BHP sticker below the Emotion logo which caught my eyes.. Checked out the car to find any logo which stated Sport but didnt find ne.. Just thought of sharing it with you folks too... Something is cooking at Fiat for sure...:)
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The Wheels Unplugged article just shows how ignorant most auto magazines are. The Punto 90bhp is in the works for a year now! The article makes it look like Fiat sales fell in June 2010 and the company in desperation is bringing out the 90bhp variant to boost sales! If only it would be that easy to launch new cars. For an auto based magazine / website, don't they know that there is a whole process of testing and fine tuning a product before it can be launched commercially? They make it sound like launching a car is like picking out a new bottle of coke from the fridge!
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

:dancing :clap
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Have read somewhere that it might be branded as Punto "Attractive"
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i guess so VP.. cos the car is identical like the normal EPk but only change in the engine.. Didnt get a chance to check the interiors though but from outside there is no change whatsoever as per the vehicle i saw..
  9. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    minor changes in interior like RED "P"STITCHING on seats, smoother grainy finish dashboard and chrome door handle garnish like linea available only in 1.3 mjd emotion pk

2010-Grande-Punto-90hp-India-Seats.jpg

1_MG_3631.jpg

2010-Grande-Punto-90hp-India-VGT.jpg
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Waaw.. The Chorme door handles like Linea.. Have been waiting for that.. Checked with Wasan and found it too expensive as the door handles come in Black + paint cost....
    I guess it would be the same with the Punto as well... Why dont they have other options for the guys who need that:-(
    the local chrome handles which ive checked are not as good as these which Linea has.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.